Software Engineer, Hardware Systems and Performance
You're an accomplished software engineer with a passion for crafting creative solutions to complex problems. You love working cross-functionally with engineers and designers to develop solutions which bridge the unique challenges presented in multi-disciplinary problems. You're thoughtful, creative, and adept at quickly pulling together prototypes to test and iterate on new ideas and designs, and you're excited to use your talent to help us push the boundaries of human-computer interaction.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, and develop software to enable new wearable devices
- Write robust, reusable, cross-platform software components to interface with bleeding-edge hardware
- Be a member of a cross-functional project team focused on solving some of our most complex problems.
- Build tools used in manufacturing/engineering/R&D to calibrate and measure performance of our new wearable device.
What you need:
- Desire to be more than just a coder and a willingness to learn about new engineering domains to gain a full system level understanding
- Strong coding skills in C++ (we use C++14)
- Strong intuition for software design and architecture
- Track record of delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Proven ability to quickly learn and apply a system level view when solving problems.
- Ability to self-manage your priorities and time while being part of a large scrum team.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent (in lieu of degree, minimum four years of relevant work experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus point for:
- Experience with image processing libraries such as OpenCV
- Experience with Python, or other high-level scripting languages
- Experience with cross-platform development and deployment
- Experience working with embedded hardware and electronics
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.