Finance Business Partner (Senior Financial Analyst)
You’re a CPA with 2 to 5 years experience and, while you know your way around a set of financial statements, debits and credits just don’t do it for you. You want to look forward, not backward. You enjoy creating comprehensive reports and are excited about developing internal relationships across the organization.
As a Finance Business Partner at Thalmic Labs, you will use your business acumen to turn data into actionable insights. You will assist business leaders in the development and tracking of key performance metrics, create dashboards and implement process improvements. The relationships that you build throughout the company will help you obtain the information you need to assist business leaders with the development of quarterly forecasts.
What you'll do:
- Within your first month:
- Aid in the implementation of a new corporate performance management software package
- Identify forecasting improvement opportunities
- Participate in government funding proposals and submissions
- Begin building relationships with key personnel in Marketing, Customer Care, Culture & Talent, etc.
- Within your first 6 months:
- Work closely with accounting and functional business leaders to provide actionable analysis of monthly financial results
- Along with other Finance Business Partners, distribute a monthly reporting package to senior management which analyses key business metrics and the identification of risks and opportunities
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Care, and Culture & Talent to determine the KPI’s required to run their business
- Establish a reporting framework to disseminate meaningful reporting at an agreed-upon cadence
- From 6-months onwards:
- Regularly identify areas for continuous reporting improvement and automation
- Assist in Due Diligence on potential acquisition opportunities, including financial modeling and post-acquisition integration activities
- Various other ad hoc activities as required
What you will need:
- At least a bachelor’s degree specializing in finance or accounting
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a financial planning/analysis role
- Skill in financial forecasting, planning & analytics, including the ability to consolidate large amounts of data into clear and concise analysis/reporting that supports decision making
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working with senior management
- Proactive self-starter mindset- ability to work independently in a relatively unstructured environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience using Netsuite and/or Adaptive Insights and using these tools to create concise reports
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.