You have a strong background and real passion for optical metrology. You can work from concept to implementation; determining which parameters are important to characterize, prototyping measurement techniques, confirming measured data matches expectations, is robust and repeatable, and able to be scaled into a mass production environment. You are as equally comfortable creating measurement techniques as you are executing them in a meticulous fashion. You thrive in a team environment and enjoy opportunities to contribute your ideas.
What you'll do:
In this role you will work with members of our multidisciplinary R&D team to define and implement appropriate measurement techniques to characterize complex optical systems. Typical activities will include:
- Understanding and defining metrology parameters associated with delivering device performance.
- Developing measurement techniques and procedures to characterize these parameters reliably. This includes defining, sourcing, and customizing appropriate optical test equipment with suppliers and creating or integrating these into internal capabilities.
- Implementing methods to improve robustness and efficiency of data capture and analysis.
- Create reporting and visualization methods so that members of the team can consume the data in a clear, concise manner to enable efficient, informed decision-making.
What you need:
- A strong understanding of optical metrology and measuring techniques
- Experience designing and building very precise measurement systems
- Experience analyzing, compiling, and reporting data
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks
- Bonus points for:
- Experience defining optical systems
- Photonics experience
- Familiarity with optical characterization tools (e.g. imaging photometers, spectrometers, beam profilers, etc.)
- Programming experience in Matlab, Python, or similar
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.