You have a thirst for knowledge and thrive in fast-paced Electronics Manufacturing environments. You enjoy debugging complex issues and overcoming difficult challenges with unique and creative solutions. You are highly organized and have the know-how to communicate with cross-functional teams both internal and external.
What you’ll do:
- Diagnose and repair electronic devices during NPI and Manufacturing as well as customer returns
- Monitor yield, test time, and test repeatability to improve first pass yield and reduce test time and No Fault failure rate
- Carry out DOEs (Design of Experiments) to diagnose complex technical issues
- Work with engineering teams to drive product, process, and supplier quality improvements
- Develop, maintain, and improve the test station maintenance programs, uptime, and repeatability
- Identify and feedback product design issues
- Prepare manufacturing documentation
- Create product debug guides and tools
- Lead and direct meetings with other team members and electronic assemblers
- Work in close collaboration with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve issues and provide technical support
What you need:
- Diploma/Degree in Electronics or a related discipline
- Experience debugging consumer electronics in an NPI or manufacturing environment
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration capabilities in addition to effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Lean manufacturing practices (Kanban, Poe-Yoke, JIT, Value Stream Mapping)
- Responsible, team-oriented, and process aware
- Experience carrying out and analyzing GR&Rs (Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility)
- Experience with Failure Mode Effect Analysis
Bonus points for:
- Product and Test Engineering experience
- Sensor, Optical, and Mechanical Product Experience
- Extensive experience in programming languages such as C, C++, Python, and Teststand
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.