You have a thirst for knowledge and thrive in fast-paced Electronics Manufacturing environments. You enjoy driving process uptime and yield and overcoming difficult challenges with unique and creative solutions. You are passionate about continuous improvement. You are highly organized and have the know-how to communicate with cross-functional teams both internal and external, which will drive excellence across the organization.
What you'll do:
- First level triage of quality issues on production shop floor, working closely with manufacturing and engineering to identify and correct potential product quality issues
- Inspect purchase parts, parts in process, and final assemblies for conformance to drawings, work orders, bills of material, specifications, test procedures, and visual criteria
- Collate yield figures to measure manufacturing performance throughout the process
- Facilitate yield review and drive yield improvements
- Perform reliability testing on product and work closely with reliability engineers to identify design, build, and material issues
- Execute containment actions to protect customers from known manufacturing, engineering, and supplier defects
- Train Quality Inspectors
- Conduct audits of manufacturing process and Quality System
- Use structured problem solving and basic troubleshooting techniques to diagnose process failures
What you need:
- Minimum technical diploma in manufacturing, quality or similar
- Minimum 3 - 5 years relevant experience
- Experience using various measuring devices/equipment (calipers, micrometers, height gauges, optical measurement systems, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision while keeping management informed
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness to ensure commitments are met
- Demonstrated ability to function on a collaborative team
- Excellent computer skills
Bonus points for:
- Cleanroom experience
- Experience with reliability test equipment
- Experience with complex microassembly of electro optic parts
- Internal auditing experience
- experience with G Suite
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.