You are a director of supply chain with a technical and/or optics background who is looking for your next challenge. At Thalmic, you will be responsible for creating and developing an innovative Supply Chain strategy to support our retail, manufacturing and reverse logistics goals and objectives.
Our product is leading edge, mass customized, and B2C. You will need to develop unique supply chain management strategies from the ground up to develop the needs of the business and the customer. You will need to clearly communicate and work with cross-functional teams, both internal and external.
- Within 15 days,
- Meet with the purchasing, planning, and broader supply chain teams to understand the current status of purchasing, planning, inventory management, and forward and reverse logistics within Thalmic
- Review the current supply chain strategy to understand its ability to meet Thalmic’s global growth plans. Maximum flexibility at minimum cost
- Within 30 days,
- Set commodity/process supplier selection strategies that create relationships with recognized technology leaders. Ensure direct relationships with all strategic suppliers to negotiate pricing, payment, and supply terms for both direct and indirect purchases
- Review and enhance supplier review and scorecarding process
- Develop world class reverse logistics process
- Produce a plan for enhanced inventory strategies and processes that support upcoming product and manufacturing needs
- Identify systems gaps in executing on the above plans
- Within 60 days,
- Provide leadership to staff which will include personal and professional development, and ensure resources are in place for growth
- Establish scorecards for supply chain functions, including budgets
- Establish a plan to address current gaps and future requirements for systems
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 15 years Supply Chain experience
- Degree or diploma in Supply Chain Management or equivalent related education
- Outstanding negotiation and mediation/conflict resolution skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Results-oriented mindset with solid time and project management skills
- Ability to work evenings to communicate with remote suppliers as may be required
- Proficiency in ERP systems and G Suite
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Arena(PLM) and Netsuite(ERP)
- Purchasing experience within a high volume, high mix, configure-to-order consumer electronics environment
- C.P.P. or SCMP designation an asset
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for components such as batteries, RoHS, WEEE, etc.
- Working knowledge of both inbound and outbound logistics process
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.