You are passionate about accounting and related processes and systems, and about improvements for both efficiency and internal controls. You’ve developed a strong attention to detail and nothing gets past you. You love nothing more than diving in and taking on interesting and challenging projects that are critical for the business in a holistic manner. You’re experienced and skilled in leading and managing accounting teams, change management and project management, and you take pride in establishing and improving systems for future scalability.
You will lead the accounting team to deliver accurate financial reporting. You will be integrating technology with innovative thinking to execute and improve upon numerous accounting duties. You will drive improvements in processes and automation to support the efficient scaling of the growing accounting department.
- Within your first month:
- Learn about the major systems and processes for the company, especially those relating to the accounting and finance side of the business, including NetSuite and Shopify
- Optimize and manage the financial reporting processes at the company and continue to align with company needs
- Familiarize yourself with the key business strategies and approaches that have a significant or complex impact on decisions relating to systems and processes
- Forge relationships and collaborate with key personnel throughout the organization to foster open communication and build an understanding of key improvement areas
- Within your first 3 months:
- Take ownership of the accounting team plan and project listing, and establish priorities and action plans
- Lead and manage critical path projects for the establishment of key systems relating to the accounting and finance, such as order-to-cash
- Review, manage and improve the company’s purchasing controls and process
- Perform a holistic review and analysis on payroll processes to establish and bolster payroll controls
- Review and deliver quality and timely financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- After your first 3 months:
- Define US GAAP revenue recognition accounting treatment for the company’s future products
- Establish key systems to automate financial reporting processes, such as those relating to revenue recognition
- Manage transfer pricing and tax filings for all subsidiaries
- Continue championing continuous improvement to increase efficiencies and bolster internal controls
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (or related field)
- CPA designation
- 5+ years of experience in managerial or leadership roles within accounting and finance
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy of numbers and financial data
- Keen organizational skills to ensure that no tasks or issues are ever missed or forgotten
- Leadership skills, including inclusive interpersonal skills when working with a wide variety of teams
- Keen analytical abilities with a capacity to proactively assess and investigate potential inefficiencies and control deficiencies in processes
- Enhanced problem-solving skills along with the capacity to devise innovative solutions to tweak and improve processes
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, accounting systems, ERPs, as well as general tech savvy to adapt to different platforms
Bonus points for:
- MBA or other related Masters degree
- Experience in a tech start-up environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using NetSuite, especially with respect to integrating different NetSuite modules
- Strong knowledge of and experience with US GAAP
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.