You're a payroll specialist who loves to collaborate and work in a team environment. Nothing gets past you – your attention to detail is second to none. You are exceptionally timely with all your priorities and never miss a deadline. You’ve administered payroll in the past in a manufacturing environment, and are now looking for a new challenge and to join an exceptional team in the tech space.
Your primary responsibility will be to manage and administer payroll. There will be opportunities to gain exposure in multiple areas. Within the first year, responsibilities will include accounts payable duties, along with supporting the accounting department with other ad hoc tasks as needed.
- Within 15 days,
- Prepare and administer bi-weekly payroll, along with ownership of the entire payroll process, through meticulous attention to detail and in a timely manner
- Manage and update payroll information for new hires, including supporting and administering employee taxable benefits
- Review and approve expense reimbursements for employees
- Within 30 days,
- Review inbound invoices, match invoices to purchase orders, and update the accounting system accordingly
- Diligently and accurately prepare payments for vendors and employee expenses
- Assist with the month-end closing process as needed
- Within 90 days,
- Develop, maintain and own the payroll processes and systems as they evolve with our growing organization
- Collaborate with and support colleagues across the organization to efficiently problem-solve issues as they arise
- Other responsibilities and ad hoc tasks as needed
What you need:
- 3-5 years of experience managing payroll in a manufacturing environment
- Payroll certification (e.g. PCP) is strongly preferred
- Diploma in business, accounting, or other related areas of study
- Superior attention to detail with the ability to perform tasks accurately and in a detailed manner with minimal supervision
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and interact effectively with all teams within an organization
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience using NetSuite
- Experience using ADP WorkForce Now
- Experience in a startup environment
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.