VP of Operations and Finance
Oculys Health Informatics is a Canadian Ontario-based software healthcare company specializing in developing real-time and predictive software to solve bottlenecks and streamline efficiency – we are the most innovative, affordable, real-time visual management system no-one thought was possible. We deliver innovative solutions to healthcare executives and clinicians in real-time to help hospitals run more efficiently and transparently.
Our technology is currently implemented in 30+ hospital sites throughout Ontario and Manitoba, including the public-facing real-time Emergency Department wait time web site. This was launched by Kitchener’s St. Mary’s General (http://www.smgh.ca/ed-wait-times/).
You will be joining an award-winning, successful and growing company. Oculys recently won 3rd place in a global healthcare technology competition, the Interface Healthcare Challenge 2017. This annual competition invites companies across the globe to compete and find the world’s most innovative digital health start-ups. Oculys was also selected as 1 of 10 of Canada’s most promising emerging technology companies to participate in Lazaridis inaugural Canadian Scale-Up Program. Oculys was recently awarded the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce 2018 Innovation Award, and named OMERS 100 HealthTech companies worth watching in Canada.
If you want to make a real-time difference and work in healthcare with an innovative team, then we’d like to meet you to find out how you can contribute directly to our success.
Our office is located in Waterloo, Ontario and more information about the company can be found at: http://oculys.com/
About the role
This position will report directly to the CEO. We are looking for an individual who has experience with growing technology companies and eager to “roll-up” their sleeves. The individual will be responsible for day-to-day operations and finance to support the growth and add to the bottom line of Oculys.
This role is responsible for:
- Portfolio project management – oversee company projects for scope, time, budget, and capacity planning.
- Customer support – oversee customer team - 24/7 support.
- Business process – design, implement and maintain efficient and effective guidelines and policies of internal and external business processes.
- Performance management – work with teams and individuals to define objectives based on company strategic plan and track progress.
- Privacy Officer – develop, implement, and maintain company privacy guidance and policy; perform initial and periodic privacy risk assessment and conduct compliance monitoring; ensure that the company maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality reflecting current organization and legal practices and requirements.
- Office and system infrastructure – oversee the contracts with our supply and system partners to ensure the company to have an appropriate office and system infrastructure.
- Maintain a company business model with forecasting and budgeting.
- Manage cash flow.
- Conduct pricing analysis and supports Sales in completing proposals and RFPs.
- Analyze company’s financial results, with respect to profit, trends, costs and compliance with budget; conduct, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations; oversee all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support capital raising according to company need and proper valuation of the company.
- Manage relationships with financial institutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 10+ years of managerial experience in operations and finance of a technology company.
- Experience working in a growing start up environment strongly preferred.
- Business or accounting degrees, accounting designations strongly preferred.
- Experienced raising capital strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Working at Oculys goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for hospitals, their employees, and the patients. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.