About the role:
We are looking for a passionate Computational Linguist to join the fast-paced Kiite team, who is looking to improve the way that companies access relevant information through chat. You will work to drive improvements in quality, classification, information structure, and natural language understanding and generation. Through collaboration with developers and engineers in Natural Language Understanding, you will produce analyses, high quality data and develop grammars to constantly improve our product. If you are interested in joining the never-ending search to improve machine intelligence and make it accessible, we would love to hear from you.
In this role you’ll:
- You will create and maintain Natural Language Understanding models.
- You’ll work in an agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications in areas such as computational linguistics, and Natural Language Processing (NLP), advanced and semantic information search, extraction, induction, classification and exploration.
- You’ll assist with implementing, testing and improving algorithms in these areas while proactively identifying and filing patentable technology.
- Work closely with researchers,engineers and data scientists by providing linguistic expertise and direction for language specific NLP and/or dialogue analysis/modeling.
- Monitor data acquisition and curation; design quality control methodology, experiments, implementation and improvements.
- Utilize natural language processing to mine unstructured data, and create insights; analyze and model structured data using advanced methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses.
- Develop new text classification methods.
In your first 6 months on the team, you will:
- Augment our domain-specific lexicon through automation
- Build new parsing and extraction routines
- Research and select third party tools to streamline aspects of our processing pipeline
What we’re looking for:
Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the qualifications listed below - we’re particularly interested in someone that learns quickly, so if you only meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out - we’d love to talk to you!
- Master’s or PhD recommended in applied mathematics, statistics, computational linguistics or relevant technical field
- 2-5 years’ experience developing and maintaining NLP algorithms including: information extraction, part-of-speech tagging and parsing
- A strong mathematical/statistics background with ability to understand algorithms and methods from a mathematical viewpoint and an intuitive viewpoint
- A strong grasp of constituency and dependency grammars
- Deep knowledge of regular expressions, context-free grammars, lexicalized grammars and semantic role labeling
- Understanding grammatical frameworks such as the Government and Binding Theory, Tree-Adjoining Grammars, Lexical-Functional Grammars and HPSG
- Familiarity with neural networks, deep learning and their applications to text processing is a plus
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming in a language such as C++, Java or Python
- Proficiency in Linux, and strong working knowledge of your editor of choice.
- Strong self-organization, and attention to detail
- Able to collaborate, working side by side with engineers and scientists of all backgrounds and disciplines
- Effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment
Kiite has built the world’s first Intelligent Sales Coach. The workplace is changing. New sales hires have more complex needs and want more personalized and frequent interactions, while also demanding more independence. Companies can’t survive the future of work with yesterday’s management practices. Kiite uses machine learning and natural language processing to give your sales team more autonomy and make managers dramatically more productive.
Kiite emerged from the founding team of TribeHR and our augmented founding team includes deep roots in the HR technology space including employment and investments in NetSuite, Oracle, Rypple, Dayforce, and Axonify. We’re a team that’s dedicated to building exceptional workplaces, and we’d like you to join us. We care deeply about inclusion & diversity - we’ve written about it, spoken about it, and live it.
- Our team is over 50% women and over 40% visible minorities
- We have more data scientists than developers
- Kiite means “listen” in Japanese, which is apt for a company improving management
The Environment & Benefits:
- Located in Uptown Waterloo, in the Communitech Data Hub
- Flex hours & unlimited vacation
- 100% paid, premium medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Office is wheelchair accessible