The large-scale battery energy storage industry is taking off and Nuvation Energy is growing with it! We are looking for an experienced B2B technical sales and business development professional to help find and close leads for our battery management system (BMS) product offerings. Nuvation Energy is contributing to the advancement of technologies that reduce the world’s carbon footprint. Join us in making a difference!
This is a full-time position based in our Waterloo, Ontario office and will provide the right candidate with opportunities for rapid growth. Reporting to and receiving support from the Director of Marketing and Business Development, you will be highly empowered as the trail-blazing sales and business development expert that you are.
- Pursue New Leads – Respond to inbound sales inquiries assigned to you, work with the engineering and order fulfillment teams to define product and project requirements, deliver sales presentations, prepare written proposals, and close your deals.
- Create New Opportunities – Introduce Nuvation to new target customers via outreach to Marketing-identified targets and at industry events.
- Collaborate on Strategic Sales – High-value strategic sales can involve multiple touch points with target organizations over an extended period of time. Team up with senior executives and engineering managers to collaboratively manage these complex opportunities.
- Expand Our Horizons – Initiate and nurture relationships with strategic target organizations and government agencies to create new business opportunities.
Qualifications & Requirements
- To be successful in this role you need to be able to ramp up quickly on understanding Nuvation’s battery management systems as well as our target customers’ technologies, and be able to articulate our product’s technical value propositions to potential customers. It would be advantageous to have experience with and a good understanding of energy storage or a related field such as renewable energy, power generation, or other industry focused on power engineering
- 5-7 years of experience working on a sales team in an organization that sells technically complex products and services to businesses
- University degree in a business- or industry-related field and/or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience doing sales outreach and developing new business relationships
- Experience using a CRM to manage sales pipeline
- Solid experience with office computing applications, MS Office in particular
- Good general business knowledge, understanding of business concepts and basic business finance
- Positive can-do attitude, superior interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills to effectively build relationships
- Strong oral and written English communication and presentation skills; ability to persuade and share knowledge in an organized, clear and effective manner
General Skills & Characteristics to be Successful at Nuvation
All Nuvation employees require a common set of general skills & characteristics – your capability in these areas will enable you to be successful at Nuvation. We take these skills and characteristics seriously – being a Nuvation employee requires more than just experience and role-specific skills.
- You want to learn, and you do so quickly
- You multi-task effectively, moving from activity to activity as the job needs, managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent tasks/projects
- You are proficient at estimation and critical thinking
- You are independent and self-managing
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You desire to work and collaborate with people and teams – you make your colleagues better and you grow from their contributions
- You focus on results and quality
- You are passionate and creative – with a willingness to go beyond the normal
- You are hands-on and practical
Nuvation offers competitive salaries, group health insurance, RSP matching and profit-sharing programs. All positions have opportunities for variety, innovation, and success. We have a fast-paced yet relaxed work environment and a unique corporate culture that will support and encourage you to perform at your personal best for your colleagues and our customers. We promise you respect, teamwork, and appreciation for a job well done
Nuvation Energy and Nuvation Research share the same facilities, with an office in Silicon Valley, California and another in Waterloo, Ontario. Nuvation Research provides a comprehensive range of electronic design services and has completed hundreds of complex projects since 1997. Nuvation Energy provides battery management systems and energy storage engineering services to battery manufacturers, system integrators, and other organizations across a wide range of market sectors. We love the work that we do and enjoy working with each other every day.