Location Kingston, Jamaica
Start Date Apr - Jun 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Cuso International Jamaica Office is seeking an Organizational Systems Developer to provide technical support to Joy Town Foundation which is based in an inner-city community.
Joytown is working towards implementation of community programming related to entrepreneur development and sustainable farming.
As a volunteer, you will support JoyTown Foundation in building its capacity to becoming a robust, sustainable social enterprise through development of a sustainable office system model, staff training & development which will enhance their service delivery and in turn increase their impact on the community and its young people.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Support the development of online administrative systems & tools for day-to day business transactions and record tracking
- Support the development of a robust IT & database system and assist in the move to central server system
- Training of staff in use of IT systems and database management
- Assist with the development of an IT M&E system with performance indicators for staff to track projects and beneficiaries
- Training of staff in M&E tracking system
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience in office management,
- IT systems and database management
- Strong oral & written skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working on community related projects
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation