Structural Engineering Software Technical Support Analyst
Acronym Software is a small software development company founded in 1986, specializing in structural engineering applications. We make the WoodWorks software suite for the design of wood structures.
You will be working in a comfortable design office in uptown Waterloo, Ontario, in a casual work environment with flexible work hours, 3 weeks starting vacation and full benefits after 3 months.
Providing technical support to the users of WoodWorks software. You will explain to the users the operation of the program, verify problems they find, and prepare written reports of bugs and improvement suggestions. We expect that about 1/3 of your time will be spent on user issues.
Evaluating and processing reports of problems and improvement suggestions arising from QA testing by our clients of the software under development, and from their use of the released programs.
Updating On-line Help and Change History documents after changes in the software, using design specifications and bug reports as source information.
Preparing and testing the Windows installations of our programs, and maintaining an archive of past builds and installations.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering or computer science. Example: an engineering technologists certificate combined with computing knowledge and experience. Civil Engineering Technology is preferred but not essential.
- Work well with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Good understanding of the Windows operating system
- You have an eye for detail and can immediately recognize when something isn’t quite right
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- You write clearly and precisely
Preference given to candidates with:
- Work experience in a formal software technical support environment
- Educational credits in software-related courses
- Structural engineering background
- Technical writing experience
We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Please provide a cover letter with your application.