Asset and Financial Management Lead
- Equitable Life of Canada
- Job Function
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: Manager IT service Management
Department: IT Infrastructure
Equitable Life is looking to hire an Asset and Financial Management Lead to join our IT team for a 12 month contract! We’re looking for someone with previous asset management experience that’s looking to take on a new challenge! This position is critical to the success of our IT team and would be a great opportunity for someone looking to make their mark on a small team. Come join one of Waterloo Region’s top employers!
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage all IT procurement activities and asset management processes and related systems; lead and manage software licensing, including usage, reporting, and contracts/agreements
- Build and maintain accurate records and databases containing licensing, warranty, and service agreement information for the organization’s hardware, mobile devices and software
- Manage assets through their lifecycle from procurement to decommissioning while also implementing ongoing best practice improvements in this area
- Research and provide analysis of vendor licensing, contract changes, or new offerings to key IT stakeholders and service owners for action
- Work with Senior Management, to set, manage, and monitor divisional and departmental budgets
- Analyze IT budgets and expenses for opportunities, threats, and issues
- You’ll act as the primary interface between IT and Corporate Finance for organizational accounting and financial management activities
- You’ll produce trend analysis, KPIs and reports of IT finances and assets
What you’ll need:
- Minimum five (5) years in IT or in asset / finance teams supporting IT
- Three (3) years in an IT asset or finance role
- ITIL V3 Foundations is a strong asset
- Member of the International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers (IAITAM) with a Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM) or Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) designation is a strong asset
- Previous experience with managing enterprise software or service agreements a strong asset
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Access, and spreadsheet manipulation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a focus towards attention to detail
- Post-secondary technical or business diploma and/or equivalent working experience
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.