Engineering Marketing Specialist
Did anyone ever tell you at school or at work that you’re a great writer? Have you ever acted as the “translator” between technical and non-technical people? Did you get good marks in your engineering classes but daydream about writing a novel? Are you good at turning technical content into a compelling story? Do you like talking to people and (sometimes) presenting in public? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want you!
We’re looking for someone with a university degree in Engineering, or a minor in Engineering, combined with strong written and verbal communication skills. If you have a minor or an elective focus in business, communications, or English, even better!
In this role, you’ll be involved in a large number of engineering-based content marketing projects. This requires a strong understanding of content marketing fundamentals, a solid grasp of copywriting techniques and the ability to write both technical and non-technical content clearly and persuasively. Specifically, you’ll write engineering-based customer case studies, technical whitepapers, web content, media articles, webinars, presentations, videos, blog posts, and press releases. Sometimes, you’ll be asked to present the webinars or videos that you write or we’ll send you to present at a workshop or training session. We might also need you to stand in a tradeshow booth and talk knowledgably to engineers about our products and applications.
This position is most appropriate if you’re early in your career (including new grads); however, we’re also open to established engineers looking to step into a more communications-focused role.
Experience and qualifications:
- University degree required. Engineering degree preferred.
- Very strong written communication skills.
- Experience writing marketing content considered an asset.
- Comfortable presenting in public.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
- Flexibility to work on projects of varied size, duration, and scope.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Very strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Strong meeting organization and facilitation skills.
- Team player, with the ability to handle strong personalities at all levels of the company.