Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Quality Assurance Services (QAS) is a shared service that provides quality and testing services for systems and applications across all Canadian Division business units operating in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
As a Technical Lead – Test Automation, you will implement automation in large scale programs / business areas, provide technical coaching and guidance for team members. In collaboration with the QA Manager you will produce Automation roadmaps & Automation Test Strategies for the division. You will enable and support Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing through collaboration with QA and Development staff along with tool integrations such as Jenkins, GIT, Docker and other Open source tools. You will contribute to determining automation feasibility maximizing the return on investment to efficiently deliver a quality product to our customer.
Architect and build out scalable cost-effective automation frameworks/tools in support of automation script development across multiple technologies.
Produce Automation roadmap & Automation Test Strategies and decision models ensuring ROI and efficiency gains.
Engage with internal teams and assess maturity progress
Forecast, monitor & report maintenance cost, new investments, savings and risks related to automation including contributing to the enhancements of future reports and KPI’s.
Collaborate with Scrum Masters, Developers, Functional Testers, Test Developers and Continuous Integration Leads to build the automated tests and configure them to execute in a deployment platform such as Selenium with Java and Maven packages, HP UFT, DevTest, Python, SQL queries, Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab, Docker, GIT and HP ALM.
Provide coaching and training to increase technical testing capability across the team as it relates to automation.
Identification and creation of reusable test data for automated testing
Troubleshoot complex automation script and framework issues
Provide ideas on efficient code functions automation frameworks in use
Monitor and validate vendor efficiencies, metrics, and reporting
Create and maintain a reusable set of automated tests: Unit, Performance, Functional and Regression tests with QA and business experts, working with backend systems, API, microservice, Database interactions, and customer facing features (Web and Mobile).
- 10 years’ experience in testing software with a strong focus on test automation
- Experience in leading test automation and implementing automation tools and frameworks
- Excellent programming skills in and usage of tools such as Java, Python VB, Selenium with Java and Maven packages, HP UFT, DevTest, Python, SQL queries, Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab, Docker, GIT SVN and HP ALM, Soap UI, Postman, Ansible.
- Proven ability to write automated test scripts to verify data structures, data formats and data values
- Experience within a Financial and/or Insurance Company and/or Financial systems is an asset.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage priorities, stay organized.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management, peers, and end users. Audiences will include technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to maintain a balance of confidence and approachability
- Ability to create UFT scripts for non- web platforms such as – ActiveX and VB.
- Knowledge of QA tools, methodology and process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and Experience with DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment is an asset.
- Have hands-on experience with cloud based technologies
- Have hands-on experience building and/or testing backend systems and automation of those systems – UFT knowledge preferred for such platforms as – ActiveX and VB.
- Ability to differentiate QA processes between Waterfall and Agile
- Experience building automated test scripts in parallel of development efforts in an Agile environment is an asset.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.