Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for providing operational and project logical database support to the organization.
- As a DBA, we are looking for you to be a highly competent and highly motivated individual working in support of internally developed applications as well as COTS solutions.
- Working with delivery teams, you will use your expertise to design database subsystems and schemas.
- You will work proactively with various teams to identify and resolve application performance issues.
Your Skills and Experience
- University Degree or college diploma in computer science, information systems or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience with Logical Database Administration for MSSQL Server 2008r2 and above.
- Experience with either Oracle or DB2 databases in a production environment.
- Experience working in a project environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience in the design of backups, High Availability (HA) and DisasterRecovery (DR) options.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Experience working with 3rd party partners
- Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
- Database architecture experience is an asset
- Experience with SolarWinds is an asset
- P&C industry experience an asset
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, The Missisquoi Insurance Company, Perth Insurance Company, Waterloo Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.