Front End Developer
Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Client Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 16th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
Building on years of steady success with a growing global client base, we are implementing an ambitious new sales and marketing strategy; it is the key driver of our company-wide strategic reorganization and focus.
We are seeking talented, energetic and passionate individuals who want to help deliver on Athena’s mission to be a key enabler of social impact for organizations working to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Who You Are
A person who is passionate about combining their technical programming skills with a visual flair that contributes to smooth and accurate user interaction. You get excited by the process of turning wireframes or other UX direction into visual elements in the application. Seeing your code come to life on a screen just as you pictured it is pure joy.
Someone who deeply understands that it requires a whole team to develop a product from an idea through to usable software. You love learning new things and find ways to apply that new-found knowledge to each challenge you face. You are persistent. Getting the visual presentation and user's experience just right is an art, one you are determined to master.
Why This Role Matters
To the user the interface IS the product. It is what they interact with as they journey through their day. By providing clean, elegant, simple and intuitive interfaces for our products you are providing much more than just a tool to our users. What you are creating is an experience that lets them do just what they need to as effortlessly as possibly. When that happens, they can devote their efforts to reaching and serving more people. You are providing the critical difference that allows our users to have those life changing moments for their clients.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Make adjustments to design resources that allow for proper implementation
- Post-secondary degree or advanced diploma
- 3 – 7 years programming experience, with at least 2 being Front End Development
- Understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN
- Basic knowledge of W3C WCAG for software development.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.