Senior Solution Delivery Manager
Athena Software is seeking a Senior Solution Delivery Manager to join our awesome team in Waterloo!
We are passionate about helping others through our software products and we are looking for people who share our passion to build great solutions that help improve the lives of people around the world!
Our software is used by hundreds of organizations in five continents around the world.
Reporting to the CTO, the right candidate will have a blend of project management and technical skill that results in coordinating and managing the activities of efficient delivery of software; from the inception of an idea through to provisioning of the software in a SaaS environment. Possessing strong communication and organization skills you will collaboratively work with many groups across the company to manage projects through their life cycle.
- Develop project plans, scope of work, timelines and ensure projects are delivered on time to specifications.
- Manage projects through project life cycle, assessing and reporting on the health of all projects, maintaining project transparency, accurate status updates; keeping all stakeholders and program leadership informed.
- Set technical delivery timelines via defining and communicating the technical scope of work, goals and deliverables.
- Lead teams in defining the technical deliverable success criteria and work with them to assess, plan and schedule technical deliverable timelines.
- Achieve productivity gains by driving continuous improvement activities within the teams.
- Uphold thorough and accurate documentation procedures within the department to communicate requirements, design, testing and implementation strategies and plans for all development initiatives.
- Liaise with the Product Management team (marketing) to resolve technical issues during project life cycle.
- Facilitate Product management and Software development teams to resolve issues with workable solutions to move forward.
- Engage appropriate resources to resolve problems and identify contingency plans and alternative solutions as needed.
- Identify, coordinate, and communicate project dependencies and impacts.
- Develop best practices and tools for technical project execution and management.
- Work with Product Management and Software Development teams in prioritizing new products, features, bug fixes and enhancements.
- Work with the CTO and submit budget proposals, recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Keep track of software development work effort estimation vs actual time spent on software development deliverables.
- Direct and manage development deliverables from beginning to end.
- Identify and manage deliverable dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manage changes in deliverables scope and identify potential issues.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong project management skills; balancing current and future needs, scheduling work, allocating and re-adjusting work load to keep the various project initiatives on schedule, resolving resource conflicts.
- Has been a senior software engineer in a growing company or has lead a software development team.
- Leadership and talent management of the solutions delivery team.
- Demonstrated skill in building effective working relationships.
- Strong technical base of understanding in application development and testing.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and exercise judgment in a changing environment and able to adapt and respond to rapid changes and shifting priorities.
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- 5+ years experience managing multiple software development projects.
- College diploma or University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
- PMP Certification
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.