Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Client Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 16th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
We are seeking a talented, passionate DevOps Engineer who wants to help deliver on Athena’s mission to be a key enabler of social impact for organizations working to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
- Bridge and own the union between development, QA, security and operations.
- Develop, script, program, and maintain the current devops / hosting ops tools to support the hosting operations.
- Develop tools to improve deployment, monitoring, and workflow.
- Stage, test, and deploy all production servers using our devops / hosting operations tools.
- Develop / Monitor dashboards to detect problems related to application, infrastructure and potential security incidents on daily basis.
- Ensure strong security is in place at all times, including the installation of Linux patches, the correct configurations of web servers and application servers and ensure security is inherent in all builds from the ground up.
- Perform software installations, upgrades and migrations as required.
- Aid with systems administration and the pipeline from software development to production.
- Install, administer, and troubleshoot Linux based systems in cloud environments.
- Provide emergency response for urgent production issues.
- Identifying and Implementation sound security polices and controls
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering degree or equivalent
- 3+ years deploying and supporting high traffic, scalable web applications/services
- 3+ years administering Linux, including shell-scripting & command-line tools
- 1+ years with cloud virtualization and PaaS
- 1+ years with AWS, Rackspace or Other PaaS providers
- 2+ years with virtualization
- Experience with orchestration, automation, and configuration management tools like git, Ansible, Vagrant, Puppet, Chef, or related technology
- Excellent analysis, debugging, root-cause identification, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with relational (eg. MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational (eg. MongoDB, couchbase server) databases
- Experience in log aggregation, monitoring dashboards, and alerting processes
- Experience with Java applications
- Experience with hardware or software based firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.