- Job Function
- Sales & Business Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Make an Impact. Make us Better. Collaborators Wanted!
Who we are:
We are a Waterloo-based technology company that is revolutionizing the corporate learning game with Axonify – the only adaptive microlearning solution trusted by business leaders to drive performance. Combining an award-winning approach to microlearning, innovative knowledge-on-demand capabilities, and elements of gamification to drive engagement, Axonify is helping build more knowledgeable workforces who drive business results for big name clients like Walmart & Bloomingdale’s.
What are the ingredients to our success? A strong leadership team, an industry-leading product, a culture built on trust and most importantly – an extraordinary group of employees. By expanding our team with smart, motivated people we will continue to lead the way in this new & exciting space.
Who we are looking for:
The Sales Engineer will act as the primary technical / functional resource to prospective clients and customers, will support sales productivity and deal flow for the sale of Axonify products and services. The primary responsibility of the Sales Engineer will be to combine superior technical knowledge and sales skills in order to provide consultation to current and potential clients demonstrating product solutions to customer needs. The Sales Engineer will collaborate with sales, services, development, customer success and support to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision makers.
Reporting to the Vice President, Enterprise Sales the Sales Engineer will work closely and collaboratively with the sales and customer success teams in sales planning and similar activities. In this role, the Sales Engineer will be leveraged strategically in all parts of the sales cycle, including delivering value pitches to business users including c-level and deep diving technical discussions with IT teams.
- Provide pre-sales education and assistance to potential customers regarding products and services offered and their ability to satisfy organizational needs.
- Articulate and differentiate the value of Axonify’s Software-as-a-Service to different audiences.
- Represent a disruptive technology in a largely addressable market
- Develop and enthusiastically deliver comprehensive and customized product presentations on-site and web-based to broad audiences showcasing different scenarios aligned to the prospects needs
- Support with technical qualification including understanding API’s and how Axonify might fit into the prospects learning ecosystem or other technologies they may be using.
- Provide answers to technical questions in a Request for Information or a Request for Proposal.
- Deliver Proof of Concepts
- Help identify new business opportunities
- Develop strategies to overcome or eliminate obstacles that may hinder effective sales techniques.
- Working in collaboration with Customer Success, liaise with established clients to provide information on advanced, improved and/or modified products and their applications.
- Provide coaching and professional development to the sales team to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College/University Degree/Bachelor’s degree/Diploma or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of Software as a service and/or knowledge of a unique software delivery model
- 3-5 years previous technical sales experience preferably selling enterprise software solutions
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Understanding of technical architecture an asset
- Ability to articulate complex technical information to clients
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Self-motivated, strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Goal oriented, with proven history of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Possess valid passport and ability to travel internationally up to 50%
How to apply:
Have we intrigued you? Apply below to learn more today!