Senior Full Stack Engineer
Bungalow is rethinking the residential real estate market by providing renters with a more convenient, flexible, and communal living solution. The goal of Bungalow is to take the daily hassle out of leasing and keeping house — and give our members back more time to do the things they're passionate about. We give our members a private bedroom in a beautifully furnished home, match them with other great roommates, and include utilities, wifi, and monthly cleaning in their rent. Finally, we engage our members across our messaging platform and member only events giving them a launching pad into a new city or simply helping them meet more great people in their home town. Learn more at www.livebungalow.com.
We’re searching for an experienced Full-Stack Engineer who’s passionate about developing products that are simple, intuitive, and beautiful. You will work directly with our co-founders to take high-level problems and solve them through unique and innovative product experiences. You will channel your passion for helping others into compelling technology that drives behaviour change, and helps our users on their path to living better - from interacting with their home and housemates to seamlessly controlling their living environment. We are looking for someone who has a mastery for seeing around corners, understanding a problem well beyond surface level, and are excited by the potential to be part of an exemplary team.
- Self-learner, driven by customer needs rather than a specific technical stack
- Are able to effectively collaborate with a product manager and designer
- Have built products or features from the ground up
- Believer in the ideals of quality software craftsmanship
- You can architect, design, code, test, and mentor others
- You identify customer experience gaps and can translate them into product requirements
- You thrive in a fast growing, agile environment
- You are conscientious about the both the quality and efficiency of code
- You have excellent written and spoken English communication
- You have strong leadership skills
- Collaborate with our Co-Founders & product manager to build the most effective solutions across our customer-facing mobile & web products as well as our internal tools
- Develop full stack features for our internal teams and external customers
- Help architect and design service driven UI via RESTful APIs
- Work on ideas from different team members as well as your own
- Triage and Fix bugs rapidly
- Attend stand-up meetings, planning sessions, encourage others, and collaborate at a rapid pace
- Help interview, evaluate, and grow the technical team
Required Experience and Background:
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- You make simple, easy to understand, and high productive UIs
- Comfortable in an agile development environment
- 2+ years programming
Nice to Haves:
- You've worked on Enterprise grade SaaS applications
- You are familiar with web development design patterns and frameworks such as MVC and MVVM
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs with Rails/Django or equivalent
- Experience with one or more of React.js, Angular.js/Ember.js or similar
- Experience / interest in building with React Native
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, EMR, ELB etc.)
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Data Driven UX Design
Technologies We Use:
- Web Client: Built on React.js
- Mobile Client: iOS App built with Swift, React Native + Android in planning phase
Our Culture & Environment:
- We are still a small startup, so your impact will be huge, and your voice will influence our direction.
- As an early-stage as a company, your growth is inevitable
- We are first and foremost a group of people connected in a mission to improve how people live and explore the cities they live in. This driving force determines much of how we operate.
- Our compensation and benefits are excellent, competitive with the leading tech startups in the area; stock options are part of the package, but not the only part.
- Our office is located in the heart of the KW, and you’ll be in the same building as a number of other innovative high-growth startups that you can interact with and learn from.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Bungalow is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.