Manulife Bank Technical Solutions Consultant
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We're not who you think we are.
What if I told you that Manulife, a financial company, has a supportive work environment with flexible hours, jeans, and work from home arrangements? What if I told you we're working towards modern tools/processes and striving to innovate while growing our business?
We're a large company that embraces diversity and hires loads of talented people, and we are going through a transformation to ensure we continue to evolve our great technology division - within our great financial company.
What Work Would I be Doing?
We're looking for individuals to complete our team. We are growing, and we’re looking for someone to learn and grow with us. You will join forces with other smart people (like Project Managers, Business experts, Architects and Developers) to analyze business needs, to explore the best technology solution, and help to make that solution a reality. You will be at the forefront developing solutions for approved projects, transforming the way we do banking.
Some of your key responsibilities would include:
- Work closely with business professionals to understand business drivers and clarify business requirements with a goal of developing world class cost effective solutions.
- Provide innovative system solutions to business and technical problems that contribute to the achievement of long-term and immediate business goals.
- Conduct meetings, interviews and workshops with stakeholders, subject matter experts and the development team to review existing information, understand objectives and to arrive at effective solutions.
- Providing estimates to assist in project portfolio and resource planning.
- Assist in evaluating 3rd party vendors and software.
- Provide consulting support to project delivery teams
- Define technical solutions considering enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints
- Present project solution to different stakeholders and certification boards, including the Architecture Review Board, as needed
Am I Right for the Job?
We're looking for passionate, motivated individuals with Consultant level skills to join our team's exciting journey as we grow, pioneer, and innovate how we do banking.
Collaborative development of system solutions satisfying business needs isn’t new to you. You’ve spent 7+ years growing your knowledge, skills and experience in this line of work and you have a track record of success. You started your career on the technical side and have a varied technical background with prior exposure to coding, system design and high-level architecture.
The following points describe you:
- You “go with the flow”, learn fast and can pick up new ideas, concepts, technologies, and tools easily.
- You’re comfortable driving solution progress forward – even when your team doesn’t have all the answers yet.
- You have an approachable style that just makes people want to work with you - and that helps build relationships between other people and groups.
- You successfully manage competing priorities and multi-task like a champion.
- You are familiar with different approaches for delivering projects – whether that is waterfall, agile or some creative blend of the two.
- You already know a bit about banking and the types of technology solutions that allow a Business to manage them.
- You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo - recommending improvements and alternate solutions
- You are energized by being able to bridge the gap between the business and technology.
The more knowledge you have related to our technical environment outlined below the more we would like to talk to you. Experience with any of the tools/technology we use is a huge plus!
If this describes you and you thrive on this type of work - then we need your people-smarts and keen mind as a Solution Consultant on our Project Intake team.
What is our technical environment?
Here are just some aspects of our technical environment that is constantly evolving.
- Development languages: Java/J2EE, C#., Progress 4GL
- Web Services: SOAP, RESTful, JAX-WS, JAX-RS
- Web and Enterprise technologies: IBM WebSphere, SonicMQ, MQSeries
- Database technologies: Oracle, MS SQL, Progress, JPA
- Source Control: CVS, SVN
- Cloud Technology: Azure, AWS
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
- Wearing jeans to work every day
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements and distributed teams