Why join Igloo:
We’re at an unprecedented impasse in the world of work. CEO’s are becoming increasingly concerned about employee engagement, productivity is scattered with the proliferation of apps and tools, and there are major gaps in the demographics and internal culture of businesses worldwide. Igloo addresses these challenges by bringing together people, processes, through a portfolio of digital workplace solutions and best of breed services.
Why this role is important:
As an Implementation Specialist, you will provide both technical configuration and subject matter expertise to our Customers during the project implementation process. This is a hands-on service delivery role and will require some travel.
In this role, you will develop and apply an in-depth knowledge of the Igloo platform and continually keep current with the innovative solutions that become available to customers for how our product can be implemented to solve business challenges. Your daily interactions with Igloo employees and Customers will breed great insights about how a digital workplace can solve business challenges facing any organization. As a result, Igloo will be able to better serve and nurture our customers and make improvements to our product along the way.
The impact you’ll have:
- Configuration: facilitation sessions both virtual and in-person with customers to configure solutions, integrations, and templates in the customers Igloo digital workplace solution.
- Customer Service: daily digital workplace configuration delivery including, upholding best practices, site standards, answering questions, and posting and organizing content.
- Collaboration: partnering with key stakeholders internally and externally to resolve issues as they related to configuration and implementation of digital workplace solutions for Customers. You will also help to define and uphold best practice digital workplace standards company wide.
- Content: write, edit, and publish regular communications, ensure content standards are upheld.
- Technical: Managing the site structure and navigation, while maximizing product functionality to improve engagement, communications, collaboration, knowledge management, and workflow companywide.
- Training: Cross-functional training/guidance. Work with internal teams on administering department areas, permissions, and establishing best practices for usage.
- Continuous Improvement: Working on product feedback and solutions, participating in beta program, providing regular feedback to product team, dogfooding, etc.
- Project Management: Managing internal projects related to the digital workplace– including internal product releases, implementation of solutions, refreshes and projects as assigned.
- Reporting: Monitor site analytics and report on key performance indicators (KPIs).
What you’ll need:
- Passion and commitment to quality and excellent customer service
- Tenacity, determination, positive attitude, and assertiveness
- Sound judgment, conflict management, decision-making skills, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Project Management, proven ability to see through a project or implementation plan from initiation to close
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with cross functional teams, and ability to influence and collaborate with senior staff
- 2 to 5 years of experience managing and implementing intranets or collaboration software in a SaaS environment
- Strong presentation skills using Web conference systems to facilitate and in-person sessions with Customers
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related area.
- Familiar with the agile practice and principles are an asset
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- Familiarity with design UI/UX and web site analytics best practices
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you’re evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a flat organization where everyone has a voice – there’s no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software