Director of IT for FinTech Startup
- Grey Swan Holdings, Inc
- Virtual, with HQ in Austin, TX
- Salary, plus Shares, plus Crypto
- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Cambridge, Waterloo
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 100,000 - 119,999
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
We are looking for a Director I.T. with a background as Linux System Administrator with a who can join our team! You will handle a variety of projects to support and improve the organization's network systems.
Position is Salary With Stock Options in a startup that plans to execute a liquity event within the next 12 months in a large and lucrative market.
Design and deploy a network to support an ultra-high performance financial system and own your design/implementation in a mutually respectful collaborative environment with a no-nonsense team.
Why This Position Should Interest You
We are working to make a significant change in an established industry which has not yet understood the potential of the area we are working on. We have assembled a highly experienced and senior team who is serious about and working diligently to realize our vision. We love open source technologies, and believe in managing and maintaining our own data centers, and are investing our time and money to push the limits of what is possible.
We are an innovative, regulated FinTech startup in stealth mode, building an institutional level risk transfer solution. We are a small group of senior-level engineers, financial traders, and entrepreneurs with well over 75 years of experience in startup ventures. We are working on a startup with both significant upside and extremely interesting engineering challenges that may include decentralized technology. We have invested a great deal of time in solving a large, global business problems, and are now seeking technical expertise for design and implementation.
- You really want to work in a functional startup environment
- You have always been curious about what it would be like to work within a highly collaborative environment devoid of hierarchical constraints and political gameplaying
- You have worked in large corporate engineering environments, and perhaps even a Silicon Valley startup, for at least 10 years.
- You seek intellectually challenging projects; solid technical & business teams; the freedom to create & influence well designed solutions that you can be proud of, without the gridlock typically associated with larger projects
- You have developed misgivings toward large frameworks and now tend toward minimalistic and elegant designs
- Work remotely with a team across North America
- Participate in an ongoing conversation with other team members with the goal of creating the best design possible
- In the short term, review our existing infrastructure and develop/implement a plan to consolidate our systems and maximize efficiency
- In the long term, design the network architecture of high-performance systems
- Capture your thinking in well thought-out requirements, design and operational support documents that clearly communicate essential information, but that are not intended to be overly taxing in their formation.
- Overall, you will commit to operating within a collaborative framework of design, decision making and implementation
- LAMP (Linux administration)
- Open Radius
- HIPPA and/or PCI Experience
- PHP Forum
- Asterisk VOIP
Networking & Security Experience
Candidate must be able to demonstrate significant knowledge & experience in:
- Creating highly detailed & professional diagrams representing network architectures;
- Applying networking best practices;
- Applying network & application security;
- Implementing and maintaining a monitoring solution;
- SLA reporting;
- Working with change management and audit committees.
- When production systems go down, or need to be deployed expdeditiously, you take prides in ability to work quietly diligently and compently until critical systems support staff, customers, partners are online and functioning normally.
- You are more comfortable drafting planning documentation and following a disciplined proven approach rather than following a cowboy-process where staff run directly into implementation mode, all hoping to demonstrate that they are new team rockstar.
- You prefer to be able to find the elegant solution over the expedient, but also fully understands when the latter is necessary and can apply what most aptly suits the current business/technical demands.
- You understand the word "ownership", and appreciate what accepting ownership means in the context of an IT department. Hence, you will not shy away from taking responsibility for the IT domain, nor letting their staff do likewise.
The candidate may work virtually, but engineering operations will be headquartered in Austin, TX.