Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We are looking for motivated, confident and personable candidates. This is a collaborative environment with a focus on team work and frequent interactions with both internal customers and other technical and support teams.
This position is available on the ITS (Integration Technology Services) team within the IMIT (Information Management Integration Technology) organization. We are very focused on customer service and helping our Business partners be successful.
This is a technical role that will involve server support, database knowledge, application and service support on both servers and desktops. The job does not require any programming knowledge.
Does this sound like you?
- Strong customer service focus?
- Collaborative team player
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Get it done attitude
What will you be doing?
- Working with Developers, Consultants and stakeholders in the maintenance and support of software to understand solutions and lead overall support discussion
- Participating in the resolution of major production issues
- Will Work with Vendors on incidents and incoming solutions
- Ensuring root cause analysis is completed
- Collaborating with other I.S. teams to provide optimal solutions
- Providing functional work direction and coaching to junior infrastructure staff
- Will be responsible for the integrity of the infrastructure
- Implement new infrastructure and application configuration changes
- Assist with resolution of routine infrastructure problems
- Accountability for assessment of business risk at the infrastructure level
- Investigate and solve problems in a multiple vendor environment
- Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams
- Ensure adherence to quality standards
- Resolution of routine infrastructure problems
- Participate in 7x24 on-call rotation
- Understanding of system development and support processes.
- Understanding of incident management framework
- Very strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to details and quality
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Good customer service skills, working closely with both internal teams and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Excellent organization/prioritization skills. Must thrive in a multi-tasking environment
- Strong influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills
- Work well under time constraints/pressure
- Experience in major incident resolution
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps
- Ability to work independently, and with others
- 7-10 years experience in a development/Technical Integrator roles with medium to large business applications
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and or Oracle database
- Demonstrated experience with PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Demonstrated experience with Spring Boot
- Demonstrated experience with .Net and Java Web Services
- Demonstrated experience with Java development
- Background in Object Oriented application development
- Understanding of integration patterns based on event driven architectures
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, SonarCube, Concourse and GitLab
- Knowledge of Node JS and React, Angular 2, REST APIs
- Understanding to Business Unit Continuity Planning (BUCP)
- Understanding of MicroService architecture and patterns
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Operating systems and networking
- Experience with remote software/Code deployment and management
- Microsoft SQL experience
- Experience monitoring IT Infrastructure for its availability, capacity, hardware and OS errors
- Knowledge of any of the following applications/services: AWD, Robotics Processing Automation (RPA), Messagepoint, DocuSign, Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Insight and knowledge of business functions and processes
- Experience with workflow applications
- Understanding of ITIL framework
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.