Robotics Process Automation - QA Analyst
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Business Services is an organization within Canadian Division that leads the design and execution of technology services that are shared divisionally, such as Quality Assurance Services (QAS). QAS provides quality assurance services to IS organizations within Manulife for systems and applications such as customer-facing web solutions, data integration, automated workflow, mainframe, back office applications and more.
Quality Assurance Services is looking for candidates who have a passion for quality and an aptitude for finding and solving problems. To succeed as a Quality Assurance professional, you need to be logical, detail oriented, possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. You are also self-directed, highly motivated to deliver quality, collaborative and seek to leverage your skills to bring value add to all assignments. If you possess these traits, this could be your opportunity to showcase your skills and take your career into your own hands.
Our Quality Assurance team is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, team oriented QA professional who has a passion for solving problems; ensure quality and finding creative solutions while always having the customer at the forefront of their thinking. This position requires background and experience in iteration/agile processes, a proven ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders, and a strong desire to learn what is needed to properly support the business.
The QA Analyst is responsible for executing medium-sized/large projects with a vision for innovation and looking for opportunities to exceed client and customer expectations on our solutions we provide.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-starter to join a fast paced, dynamic environment offering a variety of career opportunities.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned SQA professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions. In this role, you will:
- Create test plans and test cases
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our application
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track defects through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Apply risk based testing techniques
- Good knowledge of Business Process requirements & design
- Assist Agile team with complex problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge
- Analyze and troubleshoot ambiguous results, determine the root cause of defects, logs the defects in HP Quality Center/ALM and enables defect management, including working with the development team on the resolution of testing defects
- Represent QA in sprint planning and daily stand ups
- Conduct status reviews with team members and communicate test progress, results, status and risks to key stakeholders
- Investigate and implement testing related process improvements and participate in post implementation walkthroughs
- Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams
- Experience with working in Robotic Process Automation Tool such as Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere
- Familiar with hardware in the loop testing with sensors and/or other peripheral devices
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
- Must have a good understanding of Dynamic web applications, middleware testing, API/ REST API/ Service Layer and experience with White box, gray box, black box test development
- Experience working on API testing tools such as SoapUI, SoapUI NG Pro, Ready API, Postman, CA DevTest or other API testing tools. Knowledge of testing with XML and JSON files
- Must have strong ETL experience using MS SQL or in Oracle and/or other databases. Ability to review Data Models, Data Mappings, Architectural Documentation to design/execute Test Cases
- Experience building and designing test cases
- Experience with testing methodologies
- Experience in white and black box testing
- Experience with open source test tools, make files and build scripts
- Must have the ability to perform both Manual and automated testing of the web service tests
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Influencing and negotiating with others to meet project deadlines without compromising quality
- Partnering and collaborating for win-win solutions
- Risk management and/or risk based testing experience
- Ability to identify productivity and efficiency improvements
- Effective facilitation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to quickly and easily adapt to change
- Previous experience with automation testing is a must
- Ability to react well to changes, work with teams and multi-task on multiple products and projects
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.