ConsenSys Academy is the education and training arm of ConsenSys, the first of its kind in the blockchain industry. Academy is focused on developing the global Ethereum talent base, both technical and non-technical, by creating and delivering packaged content across a variety of channels, including published, online, virtual and in-person. Our audiences include business users, technology developers, legal/compliance/regulatory personnel, professors/teachers, and the general public. We would also like to enable and expand the overall blockchain community by training and certifying other trainers across a variety of communities. We’re looking to build a global, cross-functional interdisciplinary team of “master trainers”: experts and leaders to serve as in-person and virtual instructors to customers, partners and other members of the ConsenSys organization.
Training courses and programs will cover Blockchain and Ethereum technology, applications and use cases, plus material on ConsenSys products. Training delivery may be conducted in a variety of places including traditional training spaces, remote office locations, client office locations, plus industry conferences and events, so travel (~30-50%) will be required as a normal part of all training roles.
The successful candidate will have either significant experience delivering highly technical training content to a variety of audiences, or the interest in doing so combined with established technical abilities in Ethereum, blockchain, or an adjacent space such as big data or enterprise software. You must have a high energy, service-oriented, friendly, professional disposition.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent speaker and be able to evangelize the use for Blockchain by representing ConsenSys as a speaker at key industry events, conferences, guest lectures, and so on. You’re a quick technical study, you love learning for learning’s sake, and you always build your expertise as you go. When you’re not actively teaching courses in person and participating in community activities, you’ll be contributing to our online offering as mentors, actively working on internal enablement within ConsenSys, and helping us to improve our education processes.
You may be asked to interact with our sales/business development teams to help determine a customer’s training needs. This may require your involvement in the sales process to assist with identifying the client’s true training needs and helping to determine a plan to meet them. You might also help manage the overall global training schedule, which may include providing back-up capacity to your training colleagues in other offices or regions.
You will be responsible for partnering with Academy content specialists to develop or update training materials, and ensure that you understand the newest content. This may include collecting and providing feedback on what is/is not working in how the content is structured or explained in the courses or programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science or related field
- 3-5+ years of technical software training experience working with a variety of audiences
- Demonstrably strong presentation/demonstration skills via other customer-facing technical roles such as software developer, supporter, sales engineer, consultant, or similar.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills being able to communicate effectively on both a technical and business level to a diverse, mostly remote team
- Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for successfully delivering measurable results in fast-moving environments
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and explain them to non-technical trainees
- References who can vouch for your capability to maintain credibility with senior technical staff and executives alike
- Flexibility to adapt to changing markets, customers and our non-conventional organization. You’ll be fostering your expertise so you can teach “off book”.
- Strong customer facing attitude, attention to detail, and quality of customer service / delivery
- Can perform day-to-day work, and new and/or complex assignments with minimal supervision
- Passion and enthusiasm for Blockchain and the greater movement it is a part of. Pre-existing technical expertise in Ethereum a plus.
- Great chemistry with our team and culture
Preferred, but Optional
- Prior experience training on Cloud, Big Data, Enterprise Software or similar
- Experience working with Ethereum, Blockchain technology, decentralized systems
- Proficiency in using Streak, Slack, GoogleDocs, Salesforce and other industry-standard tools