Location: Waterloo, ON
Our SOC-as-a-Service platform requires a backend that can store large amounts of data while allowing for fast analytics. As we grow and further enhance our threat detection capabilities, we strive to keep providing a highly responsive and resilient data analytics platform to our Security Engineers. To that end we are building a team to bring our Elasticsearch platform to the next level. We run multiple clusters with hundreds of Terabytes of storage and need your help to continue to grow this platform. You will focus on scaling Elasticsearch, making it more resilient and robust for our use case, tuning it and providing technical guidance to teams using the platform. The deployment is mostly automated with AWS technologies and Chef but needs your expertise to take it to the next level.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience operating and scaling Elasticsearch
- A strong understanding of Elasticsearch indexing, search, schema design and tuning
- Experience with core AWS technologies including EC2, S3 and CloudFormation
- Self-starter who enjoys technical challenges
- Background in designing and building distributed, scalable systems
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef or Ansible
- Superior scripting skills; experience with Python or Ruby
- Solid work experience with Ubuntu or other Linux variants
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Scale and improve the Elasticsearch platform
- Provide operational support as needed
- Give technical guidance to the teams using the platform
- Continue to automate the deployment
- Collaborate with the rest of the team and department in daily standups and design discussions
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
Our small hardworking team is passionate about building a cloud-based solution that will solve the real-world security problems that IT professionals face. We are a five-year-old, well-funded, startup led by a Silicon Valley founder with a proven track record.
- Believe in being lean; we constantly Build, Measure, and Learn in all aspects of our business
- Customer centric; we will be successful when we delight our customers
- Provide compelling compensation packages - benefits, competitive pay, and excellent equity
If you are ready for a challenge, come work at Arctic Wolf Networks, make a difference, and be part of our success!