At Index Exchange, Engineering is the foundation of everything we do. Over the past 2 years, we’ve made a tremendous investment in our Engineering teams - in that span we've quadrupled our total Engineering headcount and cemented ourselves as one of Canada’s leading ad tech companies. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join the team and help us continue to scale the growth of our Engineering squads. Leadership entails a nuanced understanding of the challenges and roadblocks faced by our development teams as they progress through projects.
A successful manager is someone who has experienced those hurdles first-hand and offers both guidance and technical expertise to enable the development of cutting-edge technologies. The ability to identify and foster talent is very important and part of your role will be to accelerate the growth of talent within our organization. As a manager, you’ll sit down with every member of your team at least twice a year for formal performance reviews but feedback and support should be part of the way you operate daily. You will also be asked to be a key part of the hiring process, giving opinions not only on candidates but on how we can shape a better and more relevant process for finding the best talent.
Here’s what we want:
- Leader: Your foremost responsibility is to manage and lead teams. We need someone who can inspire, motivate and make our Engineers better. Communicate clearly and concisely to implement best practices and processes to ensure that all Engineers are on the same page. Help them understand the 'why'
- Technical: Your day-to-day doesn’t involve writing code but the teams you manage are comprised solely of Engineers and you need to have a strong foundation in software development. Promote a culture of innovation that shares technology effectively and responsibly; you will refine and embody a cross-functional Engineering culture that works for all departments, encouraging knowledge transfer and professional growth
- Ownership: We want you to lead your team, celebrate successes and own the failures. In this role you’ll identify and manage technical risks and opportunities, taking responsibility for the quality of technical deliverables
Here’s what you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 1-2 years as a direct manager of a team of at least 5-10 people
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization
- A passion for cutting-edge technologies, leading teams and nurturing talent amongst your reports
- Knowledge of contemporary development practices, Agile methodologies and technologies is key
Why you’ll love working here:
- Office space in a repurposed office tower in the vibrant downtown core, located near the new transit hub for GO Transit and GRT buses
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We don't have a dress code and we offer flexible work hours
- A solid work-life balance
- Free snacks and drinks, with catered lunches every day
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- 100% coverage for family health and dental benefits, RRSP matching, and a $5 Goodlife memberships
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).