Senior Software Engineer, iOS
WHY WE NEED YOU
We need experienced mobile software engineers to build the mobile platform at BSM Technologies. BSM is embarking on a journey to consolidate multiple commercial telematics platforms and associated mobile applications into a comprehensive product. You will be a key member of the team building a polished mobile platform that is adaptable to the needs of customers, the market, and the business.
We need you because:
You are self-directed: you don’t wait for others to tell you what needs doing.
You self-align: you do what the company needs done when it needs to be done, without having to be asked.
You are accountable: you crave ownership of what you work on, take credit for your successes, and accept responsibility for your failures.
You are versatile: your broad range of skills allows you to help where you’re most needed, but your depth makes you an iOS expert.
WHAT YOU’LL TELL YOUR FRIENDS YOU DO
“I’m part of a mobile software development team at BSM Technologies. We build mobile applications that help our customers manage their vehicle fleets as well as other assets.”
WHAT YOU’LL REALLY BE DOING
- Designing the software architecture for BSM’s mobile platform that is adaptable to the needs of customers, the market, and the business.
- Migrating BSM’s mobile application to this architecture and enhancing it over regular releases.
- Ensuring your work has a high level of quality through a combination of automated and manual testing.
- Collaborating with Product Management to prioritize the BSM Mobile Roadmap.
- Working directly with customers to understand their needs and how they align with our core product offering.
- Building a team of top-talent mobile developers of various experience levels.
- Growing team members professionally through mentoring and leading by example.
- Continuously improving yourself, the team, the processes you use, and the company’s mobile products.
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be:
- Working with a cross-functional development team (mobile, web, server) to execute on mobile roadmap features.
- Working with other iOS developers to ensure the platform is following the target architecture.
- Collaborating with Product Managers, UX designers, Sales, and customers to define what your team will be doing.
- Reaching out to the local developer community to build a positive reputation for BSM as a great place to work.
Our goal at BSM is to blend the benefits of co-located teams with distributed expertise. You’ll be working with team members in various sites across North America and Europe while building a local center of excellence. While teams may not always sit together physically, they place special emphasis on lifting each other up.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO KNOW
- Deep knowledge of the iOS platform, the Swift language, Xcode, XCTest framework, unit and UI testing.
- Broad knowledge of other technologies. You wouldn’t think twice about reviewing someone’s Android code, modifying a REST service, or writing a shell script if needed.
- Understanding of common mobile architectural patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM, VIPER) and the benefits of each.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, and ideally Continuous Delivery is preferred. Bonus points for having done this in a mobile environment.
- The ability to mentor and develop your teammates, and identify top-talent candidates.
- A bias toward automation over routine manual tasks.
- An attitude of continuous learning.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT US
BSM Technologies Inc. (TSX: GPS) is a Global Top 20 provider of GPS fleet and asset management solutions. We help customers in the rail, construction, government, transportation, and services industries manage fleets of mobile and stationary assets through robust telematics and location-smart software. Our robust solutions provide the ability to view powerful fleet and asset data on a single platform to access incredible data and the ability to excel.
At BSM we strive to nurture an environment of constant learning and skill building to deliver value to our customers. Our culture is energetic, friendly, and customer focused. Check us out: http://www.bsmtechnologies.com/ or on LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/company/bsm-wireless.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Vacation starting at three weeks per year
- Extended health benefits and MSP fully paid by company
- Long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick days
- Transit subsidy
- Monthly lunches
- Fun monthly social events
- Employee Discounts
- Recognition and awards
- Tuition Assistance
- Online learning (Lynda.com access; HR downloads)
BSM Technologies is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.