Senior Full-Stack Node.js/React Developer
Why we need you
We are looking for engineers with experience across the technology stack to build out features across BSM’s four key business verticals: construction, rail, government and services. BSM is on a journey to consolidate multiple commercial telematics platforms and associated mobile applications into a comprehensive IoT platform. As a senior developer you will be a vital and influential member of a team building scalable, robust products while helping shape the team culture.
We need you because:
You are self-directed: you don’t wait for others to tell you what needs doing.
You self-align: you do what the company needs done when it needs to be done, without having to be asked.
You are accountable: you crave ownership of what you work on, take credit for your successes, and accept responsibility for your failures.
You are versatile: you bring a specific skill set, but don’t hesitate to help where you’re most needed; depending on your strength, you are comfortable working on either the front-end or back-end.
What you’ll tell your friends you do
“I’m helping governments, rail, construction and service companies make smarter business decisions by building IoT solutions that allow them to truly monitor critical assets so they always know where they are, what they are doing and how they are performing.”
What you will really be doing
- Advancing our mobi platform by building out new features and services
- Working alongside product owners to translate customer needs into technical action
- Designing feature solutions from concept to implementation that satisfy our customers’ requirements and whose performance can be continuously measured in production
- Ensuring that the code you write can be used as an example for others on the team
- Accepting feedback from others on the code you write and giving feedback on code produced by your fellow team members
- Constantly looking for ways we can work better, and then advocating for and promoting your ideas
- Demonstrating ownership of your code by troubleshooting, debugging, and fixing issues when things go wrong
- Coaching and mentoring members on your team
The technology stack you’ll be working with includes (but is not limited to): Node.js, Typescript, React, SQL Server, Kafka, and AWS.
Who you’ll be working with
We work in distributed, cross-functional teams (4-6 members) with an embedded product owner. Within the vertical services group our teams are structured around a dedicated business vertical: government, construction, rail and services. Teams are setup this way so they better understand the unique needs of their customers and have the autonomy to fully drive that area of our business.
What we need you to bring
- Demonstrated experience designing, building and supporting scalable systems in a production environment.
- Expertise optimizing SQL databases and designing supportable schemas
- A passion and curiosity for learning new things
- Great interpersonal skills and a passion for working in a fast-paced, cross-functional team setting
Benefits and Perks
- Vacation starting at three weeks per year
- Extended health benefits and MSP fully paid by company
- Long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick days
- Transit subsidy
- Monthly lunches
- Fun monthly social events
- Employee Discounts
- Recognition and awards
- Tuition Assistance
- Online learning (Lynda.com access; HR downloads)
BSM Technologies is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.