Copy of Director, Technology Data Technology Delivery
Do you want to be part of the team that transforms our Group Benefits technology and strategically leverages data to enable world-class customer experiences and transforms data into actionable insight?
We are seeking an energetic, accomplished Director, Data Technology Delivery with a passion for data who is forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver. You will lead delivery of a portfolio of data related initiatives within the Group Benefits Technology Delivery team. You bring a blend of technical and business savvy and thrive on inspiring and empowering a high performing team.
This role is responsible for a team of technology professionals as well as interacting with Shared Services and Vendors. This opportunity is available in Montreal, Toronto, and Kitchener/Waterloo.
As the Director, Data Technology Delivery, you will:
- Define strategies and deliver solutions and processes for managing enterprise-wide data throughout the data lifecycle from capture to processing to usage across all layers of the application architecture.
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, architects, delivery leads and operations engineers to deliver new business value through data technology.
- Define data and analytics requirements to support and enable business strategies and priorities.
- Establish an active engagement model with data consumers and technology partners.
- Take direct accountability for the development and management of operating practices to support delivery of data programs/projects.
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers, through the delivery of products and services with strong and extendable architectural design.
- Build, mentor and develop and a diverse team of data professionals.
- Effectively interact with business stakeholders across a wide breadth of levels.
- Work with stakeholders to translate business opportunities into IT capabilities.
- Oversee all aspects of a solution delivery team including architecture, systems analysis, development, quality assurance, and project management.
- Add business value by leading the delivery of projects and enhancements on time, on budget, with quality.
- Successfully partner with Shared Services to leverage central design and delivery.
- Implement Global and Divisional IT vision and operating model within the team.
- Adhere to Global Information Risk Management policies and standards.
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
Key Leadership Behaviours:
- Service oriented, execution focus, and collaborative.
- Be the thought leader with respect to the function driving innovation, identification and resolution of complex issues.
- Build relationships and create synergies across the organization to enable cost effective, innovative shared solutions.
- Understand the business strategy and how technology can “enable” it.
- Strategic thinker; assess alternatives for short and long-term impacts.
- Drive continuous improvement (i.e. lower unit costs/improved service levels).
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change.
- Highly effective influence and negotiation skills.
- Maintain balance of confidence and approachability.
- Thought leadership in the areas of data, data structure, analytics, and data integration.
- Strong understanding of data structure classifications, workflow and data management best practices.
- Master Data Domain experience in one or more of the following data domains (e.g. Product, Customer, Client, Provider, Vendor)
- Industry experience in the financial services- banking/insurance
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful technology delivery experience
- 3+ years of progressive experience with enterprise scale business applications
- 2+ years of people leadership experience, demonstrating the following competencies: building effective teams, peer relationships, directing others, command skills, decision quality, problem solving, technology application, priority setting, planning, time management, process management, informing, composure and managing vision and purpose
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Mastery of data management design, delivery, techniques, and systems development methodologies
- Demonstrated financial skills to establish controls, track resource/costs and facilitate business case development
- Demonstrated planning, influencing, negotiating, and conflict management abilities
- Demonstrated experience managing the complexities of integrating new technologies and influencing individuals across businesses to achieve objectives
Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to provide updates to all levels