Systems Engineer -- Electrical
Our client, one of the largest imaging companies in the world has a rare opening for an experienced Systems Engineer.
You will work within an integrated Engineering team responsible for supporting the introduction into manufacturing and the ongoing design maintenance of a wide range of complex 3D imaging and surveying products. This includes involvement in the full product life cycle of electronic and optomechanical systems from concept through to production.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for determining the root cause of system failures and implementation of the
- necessary corrective and preventative actions.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Procurement, Service and Customer support
- Responsible for the transition of products from development engineering to manufacturing.
- Create and revise test procedures, test reports and specifications to ensure all deliverables
- conform to customer requirements.
- Responsible for creation and implementation of engineering changes required to address
- technical issues, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
- Ensure that all changes or suggested changes to the product will not jeopardize product
- performance or reliability.
- Support the ongoing maintenance of “bills of materials” to ensure all parts and materials
- conform to system requirements.
- Support product design reviews and status reviews to ensure ease of transition into
- Ensure the ability to deliver a reliable and robust product on time, every time.
- Provide product technical support and guidance to production through all aspects of production
- Interface with all cross functional departments and groups to resolve product technical issues in
- a timely manner.
- Assist in standardizing materials, components and assemblies in a manner to minimize the
- number of different items required to be procured, manufactured or inventoried.
- Support the Customer Service Group activities as they apply to the system capabilities, design
- and troubleshooting.
Your skills and previous experience likely include:
- Undergraduate Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering or similar
- 3 or more years of experience with opto-electronic systems
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Experience with systems engineering process – product requirements, concept of operations, validation and verification and manufacturing.
- Capable in multiple disciplines –a working knowledge of more than one engineering discipline such as optical, mechanical, electronics, software, etc.
- Awareness of various industry standards – RTCA/DO-160, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, IEC, etc.
Skilled engineers interested in exploring this rare opportunity with a global, leading, technology company are invited to apply confidentially to: