Lending Loop - Small Business Advisor
- Lending Loop
- Toronto - Richmond and Bathurst
- Job Function
- Sales & Business Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 40,000 - 59,999
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
We are Canada’s first and only regulated peer-to-peer lending platform. Our product allows small businesses to access growth financing in a fast, fair, and affordable online process. Our platform helps business owners who have typically been under-served by traditional lenders, allowing them to grow their businesses while simultaneously giving Canadians a chance to invest in their success.
Our team is passionate about building relationships with small businesses as a long-term capital provider. At Lending Loop we value diverse perspectives—you can’t revolutionize lending without thinking differently. Our team works in a friendly, fast-paced and high-performing environment. With this position, you will create tremendous value not only for our team at Lending Loop, but for the Canadian economy as a whole.
If you are looking to play a key role in helping to build foundational elements of a rapidly growing start-up, then this is the right position for you.
Lending Loop is looking for a bright, energetic, highly motivated Small Business Advisor to identify and qualify prospective new clients. You will need to adapt to a very fast paced environment which brings new challenges every day. You’ll be working with the team to help build the infrastructure for our outbound sales efforts.
- Conduct the opening discussion for a financial product to small business owners while communicating our value proposition.
- Conduct research to source, identify and qualify prospective clients.
- Follow up with prospective clients, moving them through the loan application process and collecting required documentation.
- Identify key influencers within lead prospects and determine decision-making timeline.
- Build and cultivate relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Perform needs analysis to determine prospect pain points.
- Manage a sales pipeline to consistently meet and exceed targets.
- Coordinate directly with colleagues in account management, credit, risk and more.
- Build the foundation of the sales funnel at Lending Loop.
Desired Qualities, Skills, and Experience
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with a high level of detail orientation.
- Strong lead development skills.
- Build your funnel through a willingness to call 100+ prospects per day to meet and/or exceed activity quotas.
- Advanced ability to successfully prospect a wide range of prospects within SMB environment (C-Level to single owner/operator).
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-growth, changing environment.
- 1 - 5 years in a sales related role.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM.
- Experience in the B2B lending industry.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary.
- Health benefits.
- Employee equity.
- 3 weeks vacation.
- Hard working, friendly culture.
- Career in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Sure there are perks to working at Lending Loop, such as competitive salaries and health benefits. The real reason people are proud to work at Lending Loop is that each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make helping support thousands of small businesses across Canada. If you want to accelerate your career and help build a premier fintech company from the ground up, this is the place for you.