Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, company-matched RRSPs, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
• Oversee the day to day leadership activities for the Talent Acquisition Specialists which includes monitoring performance and providing coaching, ensuring clear accountabilities for the team and managing the allocation of resources to support business needs.
• Have accountability for full cycle recruitment including developing and deploying proactive sourcing and selection strategies to ensure Economical is hiring the best talent based on knowledge, skills, experiences and alignment to our culture.
• Further develop and lead the implementation of Talent Acquistion programs such as: campus recruitment, employment brand, summer students, new employee onboarding.
- You are an expert consultant to business leaders to drive hiring strategies to ensure that Economical hires the right talent into the right roles.
- Lead, coach and develop the talent acquisition team to improve capability, leverage best practices, and deliver optimal results that align with business direction and ensures a best in class recruitment experience.
- Further refine or develop talent acquisition programs that build talent pipelines, improve the candidate experience and bring in the right talent to achieve our business objectives
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree or college diploma in a related program.
- Completed or actively pursuing the CHRL designation is an asset.
- 5+ years experience in talent acquisition specifically in developing and executing on proactive sourcing strategies and recruitment programs.
- 2+ years leadership experience leading Talent Acquisition Specialists.
- Previous experience developing employment brand programs including leveraging social media to attract talent.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, collaborate with and influence hiring leaders while building strong relationships with internal stakeholders and candidates.
- Strong business acumen and a solid understanding of business strategy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Applicant Tracking Systems.
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
Create a general profile here. To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.