- Markham, Ontario
- Flexible, commensurate with experience
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Automotive mobile data and analytics is the core of our business. You take responsibility for what you deliver, more than just following a spec sheet. You’re part of a team that expects technical leadership, code reviews, unit testing and they care deeply about product quality and end user experience. We’ve got problems to solve, and you’re the type of person who is always up for a challenge.
We are a team of 50+ passionate developers who work on AWS based SaaS solutions for the Automotive Industry in North America. We’re disrupting in our space and leading our competitors because our applications are complex, well supported and led by a management team that knows exactly how we are going to WIN. We just need your help getting there.
We get lots of recognition (Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and Fast 500 - AGAIN) and have grown rapidly. We let our developers code in whatever language they want, and they’re encouraged to use their full stack skills to solve problems from end to end. Deployments are used by millions of users every day, generating millions of dollars in revenue with top brand automotive manufacturers (Audi, Nissan, FCA, Toyota, Lexus).
We have a culture of shared ownership that lends well to our fast paced and ever changing atmosphere.
Our teams work primarily in Microsoft technologies (ASP. NET, WebForms/MVC, Web API) but it’s OK if you have a better skill set in something else. We can teach someone a new technology; the hard part is finding the right person who isn’t afraid to take on important work that needs to be done and will FIND ways to succeed at the task.
Delivering reliable software on an agile team that strives for continuous integration, automated testing, and code reviews is the main goal for the team, but they also have fun while doing it.
Here’s how we’ll support you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Choice of basic or enhanced health benefit plans, dental and vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Child care vouchers for back up child care
- Free underground parking
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation
- 1 paid annual volunteer day
- Cool company events and team building activities
- Paid training (our teams just finished Angular 2 training)
There’s a traditional list of bullets below if that’s what you want to see. Apply today and see how you can grow, learn and actually look forward to Monday mornings!!
What you do:
Reporting to the Manager, Software Development you will be responsible for:
- Design and implementation of reliable, high performing and usable web applications
- Creation of detailed design documentation and diagrams
- Refactoring and creation of abstractions in order to simplify components and libraries and promote code reuse
- Diligently unit testing and debugging application components as necessary
- Displaying initiative in research, proposal and development of tools, technologies and techniques
- Collaborating and communicating effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Analysis of business needs and development of technical solutions
- Applying foresight to look beyond immediate requirements for future extensibility
- Participating in design and code reviews as necessary
- Supporting clients’ evolving needs through ongoing product enhancements and application extensions
What you need:
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Developer with Microsoft .NET technologies including, ASP. NET WebForms/MVC, Web API
- .NET Framework 2.0 - 4.6
- Proficiency with AngularJS 1.5+, JQuery, JSON
- Visual Studio (2015 - 2017)
- MS SQL Server experience 2008 – 2012
- Visual Source Safe
- Experience using GIT
- Team Foundation Server 2010
- Experience developing XML/REST Web Services
This would be nice too:
- Chrystal Reports/Microsoft Report Designer experience an asset
- Previous experience with Classic ASP, VB 6.0, COM & COM+ an asset
- Experience with AngularJS 2.x and TypeScript
- Package management using NPM and NuGet
- Familiarity with automation and build tool like Gulp, Jasmine
- Experience with CSS frameworks like SASS/LESS.
- Familiarity with cross application messaging broker system like NServiceBus, RabbitMQ.
- Working knowledge with IIS 6.0/7.0
- React, Node.JS experience an asset
- Socket I.O. experience an asset