At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too! We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
We are currently seeking an Electronics Testing Technician looking for an exciting opportunity to join our Production team. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, reporting to our NPI and Value Engineering Manager - Operations.
- Test customized computers (Transmitters, Servers, Boosters and other end-units), sub-assemblies and electronic parts
- Conduct life test (Burn-in-test) for electronic devices
- Diagnose test failures including teardown and re-assembly of electronic units
- Support setup, installation, and execution of test programs under set test plans and procedures
- Work with hardware and software engineering teams to perform diagnostic testing on returned units (field failures) to determine root cause
- Maintain end-item and sub-assembly configuration information including logging of inventory transactions
- Install/configure hardware and software to production units
- Collect and analyze test data
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Able to read and follow test instructions accurately and efficiently
- Testing and troubleshooting experience required (ideally in an electronic testing environment)
- Experience with standard problem solving and decision-making methodologies good communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, late-stage start-up environment
- Positive attitude; works well under pressure when needed, enjoys working in an evolving and adaptive environment
- A passion for operational excellence and for delivering high-quality products
- Excellent attention to detail and takes pride in being focused on the highest standards of product integrity and quality for our customers
- An in-depth knowledge of the following technologies is an asset.
- Video encoding/decoding
- Networking technologies (including wireless networks like HSPA, LTE, WiFi); TCPIP/UDP networking
- Intel-based personal computers
- Windows, iOS and Linux operating systems
- A relevant technician’s diploma and/or equivalent and related work experience in computer or telecommunications industry
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier-free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact the People and Culture team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 519.772.4824.