Senior iOS Developer
Tulip Retail is the world’s first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Toys”R”Us believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of store associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to the product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Working on the delivery team is both challenging and exciting. It requires you to think on your feet and to make decisions quickly. With every new customer comes a fresh set of challenges and problems to solve. We are growing rapidly and developing all the processes needed to scale and keep code in a maintainable state. We are not scared to embrace new technology while continuing to be mindful and educated in all decisions we make.
Sound like you?
Tulip Retail is a very mobile-focused company and we are looking for people that allow us to mature our product and extend it. We have two sides to our work, building the product/platform & delivery. The focus of product/platform is on our core product and making the core product better. The delivery teams' focus is on integrating our core product to our customers and updating customers at regular intervals. We are looking for a senior developer for the team with the ability customer facing to help scope and define solutions that are both in line with Apple's best practices as well as Tulip's.
What you'll do:
- Design and build incredible mobile user experiences.
- Involvement with architect features.
- Manage scope and customer requirements.
- Write quality code, improve code process, test and document it where appropriate.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Automate our build processes where opportunities exist.
- Take ownership of key aspects of the project and help ensure a successful delivery. This could involve the opportunity to stand in as team lead where needed.
- Identify problems early, communicate them to the relevant stakeholders and help manage risk.
- Be capable of debugging and fixing any performance or memory issues.
What we would like to see:
- Minimum 6 years experience developing iOS applications.
- A Computer Science or Engineering Degree.
- Must have both Swift and Objective-C experience.
- Good understanding of the app distribution process.
- Experience with working with the common Cocoa touch and Foundation frameworks.
- Experience with one of the common crash reporting and analytics frameworks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, from project managers to the client.
- Experience writing maintainable and effective unit tests.
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.