Full Stack Developer - Success Engineering
Tulip Retail is the world’s first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Toys”R”Us believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of store associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to the product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omni-channel world.
We’re looking for passionate software developers who are motivated problem solvers and are driven by a mentality of continuous improvement. As a developer on Tulip's Customer Success team, you’ll solve critical business problems impacting our customers, and work with the Product and Delivery teams to increase the quality standards of Tulip’s products.
Sound like you?
This is a very hands-on and technical role, and is much more than a typical ticket-based support position. Our Customer Success team partners with our customers to tackle challenging, unique and interesting technical issues. You will be directly responsible for for helping diagnose and report problems customers are having, and as a customer advocate, you will be empowered to influence product direction in order to provide a world class customer experience.
What you'll do:
- Diagnose and resolve complex issues impacting client/server side applications and RESTful API’s, hardware devices, and cloud infrastructure and network.
- Plan and implement major upgrades & corresponding features of customer deployments.
- Create root cause analysis and proactive plans to ensure that issues can be identified and resolved before impacting business operations.
- Create and maintain clear and concise documentation outlining the operational environment for all customers.
- Configure and implement monitoring and log aggregation tools that provides full visibility of each customers’ deployment.
- Work with the Delivery team to ensure proper handoff of customer deployments prior to every go-live.
- Provide design feedback and technical reviews for future product releases.
What we would like to see:
- A solid knowledge of software development. You don’t have to an expert in the languages we use, but a solid understanding of web technologies will be crucial to success.
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with problem solving in a troubleshooting environment.
- Customer Success is not just about technical experience and skill, we would also like to find a...
- Thoughtful problem solver who can simplify complex processes.
- Someone who has the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment, while meeting critical SLAs and deadlines.
- Be driven to improving the customer’s experience through capturing and communicating product technical knowledge, customer perspectives, and lessons learned.
- Have excellent written communication skills with the ability to distill complex topics into easily understood and concise language.
- Linux and macOS environments.
- Common web technologies, such as PHP, mySQL, Apache HTTPd, nginx, Solr, and Ruby.
- Database technologies, such as mySQL/Aurora.
- Experience with complex multi-tiered applications containing end-user-facing interfaces, APIs, distributed caches (memcached, Redis, Infinispan, etc), data transformation & ETL, and 3rd party integrations using technologies such as REST/SOAP APIs and OAuth/SAML for authentication.
- Cloud management solutions, such as AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of secure development best practices, such as OWASP Top Ten.
While we don’t require you to be an expert in the following, you should be comfortable with ramping up and working with these systems!
Our Tech Stack!
- iOS: Swift, Objective-C
- Back End: PHP, GoLang, MySQL, Redis, Solr, AWS, Ruby
- Tools: Chef, Capistrano, GitLab
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.