Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability, and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
We are looking to hire a seasoned Embedded Software Manager. As manager with a team of 5-10 reporting to you, you will lead the development of the operating systems and board support packages that power Aeryon's sUAS. The Aeryon sUAS embedded system is comprised of multiple Linux and bare metal processors, all orchestrating flight critical tasks. It needs to be stable, have great wireless communication capability, be able to broadcast high quality video from long distances, and send appropriate telemetry to mission control, etc. We want a technical leader who has experience leading and building world class software development teams, who can optimize and inspire these teams to be productive and produce high quality results.
As an Embedded Software Manager you will:
- Set direction and priorities for your team
- Work with the team to architect new capabilities and features, and execute on implementing the agreed upon architecture
- Be familiar with Agile and run scrum teams
- Ensure software quality by putting the right processes in place, and building out our automated testing capabilities
- Work with the Director of Software Development to build out project plans
- Recruit new members for the team
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing.You are motivated by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders. You want to work with like-minded people and enjoy being part of the team.You are a seasoned embedded developer and leader and enjoy managing a highly technical team.You want to be in an environment where continuous learning is not only encouraged – but also expected. You are passionate about quality – but more importantly the customer experience and ensuring this is the best it can be.
What You Bring
- BASc in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field and/or related experience
- 5+ years experience delivering consumer grade software for embedded systems
- 5+ years experience leading a software development team of at least 5 people
- Experience providing reliable estimates for project planning purposes
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email careers @aeryon.com or call (519) 489-6726.