- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
About the work:
As our security engineer, you are passionate about keeping a watchful eye on our systems, logs and processes, and keeping the bad guys out of our products and services. If you are interested in contributing to the security of thousands of end users, keep reading!
The security engineering position will be the foundation in supporting, contributing and advancing the system hardening function. You will monitor, manage, define and improve alerts from our security infrastructure and tools, news feeds, twitter, emails, determining if action needs to be taken, investigating and escalating when necessary. Through solid monitoring and active probing, you will ensure that our internal and production infrastructure and products are operated in accordance with our policies, security standards and industry best practices. You’ll be collaborating with other teams in researching, identifying, and mitigating security risks and by providing guidance and assistance with remediation plans.
- You have 3+ years experience managing real-time web applications with thousands of users.
- You’re creative and energetic, and are ready to bring your best ideas to the table.
- You are passionate and curious about the latest open source technologies that can help drive our company forward.
- You are also very organized, and pride yourself on automating everything!
- Monitor logs and news feeds and develop alerts for our infrastructure and software.
- Execute security investigations, and escalations.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments on our software and architecture.
- Develop and execute penetration testing against assets and personnel.
- Work with other members of the team to suggest and deliver improvements to the company's security roadmap.
- Provide support services outside of hours.
- Intimate understanding of security principles, tools and processes.
- 3+ years of linux experience.
- Deep understanding of web technologies such as HTTP, REST, websockets and SSL.
- Strong knowledge of system, network and database security.
- Strong organizational, operational and process capabilities.
- Experience with log and event aggregation and analysis tools and best practices.
Why join us?
- Casual work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Well stocked coffee cupboard, and beer fridge
- Foosball, PS4 and WiiU!
- Awesome office space
- GRSP matching program.
- We offer an environment where you can have fun and truly be part of the team.
We offer an environment where you can have fun and truly be part of the team.
Apply by sending an email with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org