Curriculum Development, Game Design
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes and an engaged college community.
The School of Media & Design is currently seeking a qualified professional to develop the curriculum for our brand new Game - Design Program. This contract role is an immediate start to support the new program objectives for September 2018.
Under the direction of the Chair, the successful candidate is responsible for completion of the curriculum development of the Game - Design program to ensure an effective learning environment for students:
- Designing, a variety of courses, including project courses
- Defining, evaluating and validating program and course learning outcomes
- Developing alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
- Ensuring program and course curriculum are current, relevant and reflective of best practices in the field
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds and learning styles
- Working in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
- Bachelor’s degree in game design, game development, game art, animation, digital media or related discipline required
- Minimum Five (5) years of gaming industry experience
- Experience developing interactive media for professional clients and/or shipped video games titles for PC, major consoles and/or mobile platforms
- Proficiency in industry software such as Adobe Photoshop, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter, Blender3d, Unity or Unreal
- Background in game art direction and development pipelines or programming languages.
- Familiarity with 3-D printing or technical art pipelines in level design, event scripting, particle effects, animation, and/or shaders is an asset
- A demonstrable portfolio of work which showcases the applications you have worked on and includes examples of your storytelling skills
- Previous adult or post-secondary level teaching experience in Game Design is an asset
- Experience with curriculum development and program planning
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. D2L) is preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Demonstrated ability to relate to learners and providing a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodation is an asset
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections is an asset
Note to applicants: This program also requires a Full Time Faculty role as a Professor – Game - Design. Please see other postings for specific information and requirements.