Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers—and we need you to get there. We help publishers optimize yield and revenue operations team. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
What you’ll do
As our Office Manager, we expect that you will treat our space as your second home, and our visitors and employees as your guests. Your job is to make people happy and make sure their daily needs are being met! We strive to provide an amazing work environment, and you play a key role in delivering this experience. You are highly organized, positive, enjoy interacting with people, and are creative in your approach to managing daily life at work for the people around you.
You will own all of our day-to-day office operations at our headquarters:
- Manage projects and action plans to keep the office amazing, and to bring new and creative ideas to continue to make it better
- Main point of contact for contractors, property managers, utilities, office vendors to work through all building-related matters including quotes, work orders, deliveries, etc.
- Manage our catered lunch program - coordinate with vendors to ensure delicious and nutritious meals are delivered on time, on budget and accommodate all dietary requirements
- Ensure that daily catered lunches are set up and cleaned up in a timely manner, and that feedback is collected to provide to caterers and ensure continued excellence and deliciousness
- Manage and monitor inventory levels of office supplies including workspace supplies, snacks, candy, drinks, groceries, furniture, etc.
- Manage expenses for office supplies and catering to stay within budget
- Facilitate new hire onboarding by ensuring that our new hires arrive to a clean and stocked workstation complete with new hire gifts and swag
- Managing on-site parking program for current employees
- Monitor general state of the office and meeting rooms for cleanliness, tidiness, supplies stocked on a daily basis
- Ensure that all action items, big and small, are proactively addressed and resolved to keep our office running smoothly
- Provide support to our Toronto office to ensure that consistent perks and benefits are offered to our team at this location
Requirements/what it takes
- 3+ years experience in an office management and/or business administrative capacity
- Proven ability to manage your time and your work autonomously, demonstrating maximum productivity and positivity
- Superior organization and multitasking skills
- Awesome communication skills and a genuine interest in making people happy
- Skilled in working with a full suite of office management software, including spreadsheets, word processing, slide decks, email, calendars, etc.
- Proficient in an array of eCommerce portals
- Exceptional attitude: positive, resilient, kind to name a few
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
Bonus points and nice to have qualities
- Previous experience in a startup or fast-growth environment a big plus!
- Experience in the Google Suite of products
What do we offer you?
You’ll have the opportunity to make things happen at Sortable. We’re proud to be recognized with accolades for our company growth (Deloitte Fast50/Fast500, PROFIT 500) and workplace culture (Digiday WorkLife, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers). Not bad for a company that started as four engineers in 2011.
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and work hard to make it a reality.
How to succeed at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and the nice stuff!
We make sure you’re able to come in and do amazing work. In addition to unlimited snacks (a nod to our startup beginnings), you’ll get perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- Catered lunches and a stocked fridge to keep you full and focused
- Equity in Sortable so you have stake in the company and decisions
- Life @ Sortable initiatives like volunteer hours, learning credits, and fitness credits to invest in your well-being
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, solar eclipse viewing parties, beach dress up days, fitness challenges, talent shows, team sports and clubs. Because we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see every day.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we're dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group