At Bonfire, we bring people together to make decisions with certainty. What does that mean? We’re powering billions of dollars worth of decision making across 200+ customers.
You’ve probably never heard of us before - and that’s okay - but remember when you had the opportunity to see your favourite band at a small venue before they were selling out the ACC? Joining Bonfire now is like getting on the guest list.
We’re a VC-Backed, Y-Combinator success story that customers love (99% adoption) and we’ve already impacted $12B+ in procurement spending decisions.
Bonfire is an opportunity for you to make an impact and accelerate your career. We’re in a unique position, growing from 40 to over 100 people in the next year. We’re looking for team members who will:
- Make an impact
- Drive results
- Remain humble - no job is too small
Bonfire is growing their Finance team and looking for an Accountant to join their team. As our Accountant, you will report to Kim Veenstra, Director of Finance. You will be responsible for performing general accounting duties while having the opportunity to work on initiatives that will have an impact on the overall business, including, developing processes, systems, and reporting to support rapid scale.
This is a brand new role, which means you’ll have the opportunity to carve your own path and be given the autonomy to make an impact. Kim doesn’t like to micromanage so she’ll look to you to own your responsibilities and make recommendations for improvements. If you have experience in the tech industry it would be huge brownie points, but we’re open to candidates with experience from different industries as well. What’s really important is you come with a positive attitude, excited about learning and can collaborate cross-functionally. Tech can be unpredictable and messy at times, you have to be able to roll with the punches and be adaptable.
If variety in your work and continually learning excites you, we’d love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Transactional Accounting: responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Month-end Close: completion of month-end reconciliation schedules, credit card reconciliations, review and processing expense reports, and monthly payroll processing
- Financial Reporting: support the business by reporting on KPI’s, completing actual vs budget analysis, and ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Year-end: assist with completion of year-end schedules and the preparation for year-end audit
- Compliance: prepare sales tax filings and assist in tax compliance in various jurisdictions
- Finance Operations: support requests from sales, product, or other departments (insurance, legal, government funding, data analysis, etc) as required
- Process / Systems Development: involved in implementation of new processes and systems, ensuring proper controls are in place and assisting the business in scaling
Who You Are
- 2-5 years experience in a Finance/Accounting role
- Degree or diploma in Accounting or related discipline
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Superior Excel skills - you’ve made Pivot Tables and V-Look-Ups are easy
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- You juggle competing priorities with ease
- You’re a self-starter and don’t have to be asked to do things, you’re always taking initiative
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders across the organization
- Business process oriented—following existing ones, but also able to establish and make improvements
- Startup mentality and attitude - no job is too small
Join us now and accelerate your career.
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.