You’re a rockstar software engineer interested to become an early team member working on a health care software platform disrupting the $227.5 billion in-home health care industry. You love to write robust, maintainable, and clean code - and you can think beyond to solve complex challenges improving our heal care system. Alaunus is located in the Communitech Hub in the heart of the innovation district in downtown Kitchener, Ontario.
The opportunity to be a vital member of the core engineering team and launch our much-anticipated new platform with health care providers, caregivers, and governments.
You must be skill front-end or web developer - passionate about startups, love working with web APIs, and interested in making a big difference in health care to achieve shared personal & team success and growth.
- Research, propose, and design new back-end platform functionality and services with the engineering and management teams
- Architect, code, and test backend and platform features
- Maintain API infrastructure through Quality Assurance, including troubleshooting, maintenance, and building testing suites
- Work closely with interdepartmental stakeholders to achieve growth
- Design patterns and back-end services to meet real-world usage, business needs, and scale
Skills & Experience
- B.S. in Software Engineering/Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 2+ years experience with server-side PHP in a production environment
- Back-end experience in a fast-paced agile environment
- Advanced knowledge of: PHP, Linux, Bash scripting, DevOps technologies including git
- Database administration experience for MongoDB (NoSQL-based)
- Experience with build management tools, project administration, and Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with unit/integration testing
- Strong initiative, teamwork, and goal-orientation
How to apply
Click “Apply” or send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org