Human Resources Coordinator
Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Client Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 16th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
We are seeking talented, energetic and passionate individuals who want to help deliver on Athena’s mission to be a key enabler of social impact for organizations working to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
What You'll Do
This role has the opportunity to help Athena Software shape our growth and culture. Reporting to the HR Manager, and liaising closely with the CEO, the HR Coordinator works with internal stakeholders to evolve and maintain HR and office projects with a focus on culture, employee experience, and organizational alignment. You will:
- Support recruitment, interview, and onboarding processes
- Track the status of candidates through the recruitment and selection cycle, ensuring a positive candidate experience
- Provide back-up to Payroll, and Benefits function
- Update and maintain company HRIS
- Assist HR Manager with ongoing evolution of HR programs, and recommend updates or improvements with a focus on cultural alignment
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and assets, ensuring that all employees are equipped to succeed
- Proactively assist with coordinating and planning employee events
- Communicate, monitor and provide guidance on company practices and procedures
- Create and maintain accurate employee data records and personnel files
- Assist with day-to-day office operations and general administrative support as required
Who You Are
An aspiring HR professional, you are bright, keen, and naturally culture-focused, looking to grow alongside a scaling company. You have a generalist understanding of HR, and are eager to get both conventional and unconventional experience under your belt as you proceed to learn and potentially specialize. You are passionate about evolving the role of HR from traditional practices, to fresh ways of aligning people with strategy and delivering a positive employment experience. Excited by technology, you understand the impact and importance of culture on a sustainable growth environment. You have:
- 1-2 years’ experience in Human Resources, or in an administrative role supporting an HR function
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related discipline
- CHRP designation or in progress is an asset
- Passion for nurturing a dedicated workplace culture, with focus on positive employee experience
- Previous experience working in a growth stage tech company a definite asset
- Understanding of current employment law, and workplace health and safety legislation
- Aptitude communicating and consulting with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well under pressure, and continuously demonstrate high integrity standards in all stakeholder interactions
- Ability to deal effectively and ethically with confidential and sensitive matters
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.