Server Operations Specialist
We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated Server Operations Specialist to become a key contributor to the robustness, stability, scalability, automation and support of development operations from initial build through to production deployment.
- Be passionate about the health and uptime of all of our servers, and equally passionate about the success of our customers.
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve and escalate issues with development, test and production servers.
- Follow the established operations procedures to ensure timely resolution or escalation of issues.
- Continuously develop ways to streamline and automate the processes that go into managing our growing server infrastructure.
- Ensure that Maplesoft product development infrastructure operates continuously and efficiently.
- Ensure that all systems and processes are documented.
- As needed, provide after-hours support of Maplesoft’s server environments including, but not limited to, issue resolution and server monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix, Mac and Windows Administration.
- Experience with automation/ configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent containerization tools like Docker.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required).
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, or equivalent, and familiarity with NoSQL (Redis).
- A working understanding of build tools (ant, cmake, make, autoconf).
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service).
- Knowledge of web server technology, specifically Apache and Tomcat, as well as a good understanding of server installation and administration including TLS/SSL Certificates, IPTables and Firewall experience.
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Thank you for your interest in Maplesoft. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maplesoft™ is a leading provider of technology software tools and expertise to engineering organizations within the automotive, aerospace, robotics, power, electronics and manufacturing markets. Our innovative suite of products harnesses the power of mathematics to provide industry and government customers with the ultimate set of technical simulation and modeling tools.