We are a high growth start-up that pride ourselves on stellar design and superb code quality. We have a deep understanding of our users’ psychology and enjoy solving complex problems. We love to learn, teach, and debate all ideas. Our leadership team has worked across seven startups which has allowed us to form well thought out opinions on work culture, time management and coding practices. We work our own hours, play by our own rules and choose our own roads to follow.
So what do we do? Roadmunk is a web-based data visualization tool that enables product innovators, executives and their teams to create, design and share their strategic roadmaps throughout the organization. Our customers include Nike, Urban Outfitters, Coca-Cola, Reddit, Slack, and Walt Disney.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager who possesses exceptional technical leadership, coding skills, desire to join a growing team while having a direct impact on on culture, hiring and technical decisions. This person will work directly with our CTO and leadership team to help take Roadmunk to the next level of growth. This position involves working in a collaborative environment, mentoring less experienced team members, brainstorming ideas, solving technical issues, writing code, all while holding your own in a discussion on where to eat team lunch.
We're on the NodeJS stack, with MongoDB, and KnockoutJS on the front-end driving the UI. We've gone to great lengths to create a clean and extensible architecture for the project. We even have our own fork of KnockoutJS with performance improvements.
We also support a cross-OS development environment via Docker so choose whether you want to run OSX, Linux, or even Windows as your development environment.
- 8-10+ years of software engineering experience
- 2-5+ years experience leading a technical team
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented design
- Strong sense for system architecture and code organization
- Deep understanding of what clean code looks like and why
- Experience using HTTP and REST based API’s
- OOP patterns and asynchronous callback patterns (ie. Promises)
- Familiarity with AWS and Linux administration (specifically Ubuntu)
- Experience writing modern SPAs
- Knowledge of KnockoutJS and LESS (or SASS)
- Knowledge of NodeJS, MongoDB, Docker
- Experience with Git and Github
- Familiar with REST, AJAX, JSON
- Previous experience using some type of unit testing framework (eg: we use Mocha with Sinon and Chai)
- Provide technical leadership across the org, leading technical decisions and setting technical direction
- Improve and implement technical processes to meet objectives, priorities and overall efficiency
- Development & deployment of assigned work which adheres to our shop coding practices
- Work with Development, Product and Leadership teams to understand core issues
- Write unit and integration tests for developed features
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Lead specific projects or features within engineering team
- Mentor technical team members aiding in their growth and development
- Review and comment on code from other team members
- Occasionally lead a discussion on a topic during lunch-n-learns
- Report to CTO
- Comply with all information security tasks and measures at Roadmunk
MOST IMPORTANT: coming in everyday with a positive attitude and being friendly and fun to work with.
- Full health benefits package from day one
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Free snacks and drinks
- Team lunches and monthly events
- Health & wellness allowance
- Flexibility on remote working (especially when it gets cold)
- Diverse projects, cutting-edge tools and freedom to experiment