Permanent Full-Time Business Systems Analyst
Join Us In Building the Future……
Trillium Mutual Insurance is an organization powered by great people who want to make a difference every day! We try to recruit and retain employees who are skilled, dedicated professionals, who are people others want working for them. We are seen as an industry leader in delivering excellent customer service and insurance solutions. What sets us apart from other organizations? Our corporate culture is professional and respectful, yet friendly. We offer a work environment that champions innovation and creativity, energy and passion. We are committed to providing a rewards package that includes a competitive compensation, work/life balance, flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities and the chance to make a difference working for an insurance industry leader.
Here is your chance to join an organization that is evolving and poised to change the face of insurance solutions. Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Full-Time Business Systems Analyst to complement our BIS Team.
Reporting to the Team Leader BIS, we are currently seeking a highly motivated, creative and innovative thinker for a Permanent Full-Time Business Systems Analyst position. As a vital member of the BIS Team, your key responsibility will be to use your knowledge of technology and business objectives to ensure the timely delivery of quality products to meet Trillium’s business needs.
- Manage current and future systems work in the product development area including the ability to prepare and deliver against the Product Plan
- Ability to translate and configure P&C product business requirements into the systems administration area of our application
- Develop rating and underwriting rules using the IBS rating engine and other rules engines as required
- Undertake testing, analyze results and make recommendations regarding new system implementations
- Evaluate existing administration set-up for products. Modify configuration where necessary to increase functionality, correctness, reliability, efficiency, accuracy and data integrity
- Participate fully as a member of the team by supporting a work environment that promotes knowledge sharing, customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork
- Train new and existing users on applications and systems use
- Work with cross functional teams (Underwriting, Claims, Risk Management and Business Development) to ensure the configuration matches the product definition
- Keep up to date with industry and market changes and developments
- Represent the company at industry functions and meetings as required
- Must be fully aware of, and comply with company confidentiality requirements at the highest level
- Handle other duties as assigned
First and foremost, the successful candidate will demonstrate a natural desire to provide exceptional customer service through his/her energy, enthusiasm and initiative, and has a passion for agriculture.In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- College Diploma or University Degree in a related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Business Analyst role
- Awareness of Cyber-security principles
- General Insurance Essentials or willing to obtain CIP
- Good understanding of systems development and Agile methodologies
- Keen knowledge of Trillium Insurance Products and IBS policy structure would be beneficial
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Office, Windows Server, SQL, Oracle
- Proven ability to multi-task and change direction on priorities when more urgent tasks are identified
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with project management skills to coordinate multiple concurrent efforts
- Superior customer service skills, results oriented: ability to work with customers to understand and act based on their needs, assess risks, and achieve valued results
- A passion for analysis: ability to apply critical thinking and research skills to resolve issues, and to break down high level business requirements into more detail by questioning and probing for clarification
- Strong accuracy, attention to detail, and documentation skills
- An innovator: looks for new approaches to the way things are done
- Ability to work well in a team environment, exercising diplomacy and discretion
- Writes logically and concisely ensuring meaning is clear and presented in a way that meets the user’s needs
- Ability to verbally express ideas, thoughts and information so that it can be understood by others
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than October 24, 2017.
Applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. TMI is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation in order to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by taking into account your individual accessibility needs.